Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Help with current questions on the D1.1 Exam!!
- - By waynebhayes Date 06-16-2008 00:53
If anyone has recently taken the D1.1 Exam and would share some information, I need your help! I was wondering if anyone could tell me some recent questions on the exam. If you could take the time and please let me know, I would appreiciate it!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-16-2008 04:44
Wayne,

Nobody should give you answers for the CWI exam... Here or any other place.. ever.

If you want help to study you will find this forum a rich place with some of the top experts in the field.

If you use the search function on this forum and type in "CWI exam"  you will find hours of study material, links and valuable study and preparation stratigies.

If your just looking for questions and answers you better batten down your hatches and be ready for some rough seas.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-16-2008 14:10
In your packet they sent when you registered there should be some "Sample" questions that will let you know what to expect as far as question types. The old "Certification Manual for Welding Inspectors" had questions in each chapter related to the chapter content.

The new one probably does too.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-16-2008 14:20
waynebhayes,
   Lawrence has said it quite nicely. Also, even if you were to get someone who has recently tested to give you questions and answers, these would almost assuredly not do you much good. AWS has a question bank of enormous size. NO two tests are the same. For example, lets say I tested and failed, and I study the questions on that test and have all the answers memorized (not likely) so that I can test again and pass. NOT gonna happen. Your next test will NOT be the same questions. It will not even be the same questions in a differant order. If I am not mistaken, the test questions for each individual test are compiled randomly by computer from this "enormous" bank of questions, this means that even the guy sitting next to you on test day has differant questions than you will.

My advice is to do just as Lawrence has suggested. Many, if not all on this forum will help you with study recommendations, habits, and advice.

Good luck,
jrw159

Parent - By flamin (**) Date 06-16-2008 16:41
waynebhayes -

I've been studying for the CWI exam, which I will be taking next week, and I've been using the certification Manual (CM2000) to study. It has alot of questions after each of 13 chapters , that should help you. It covers alot of ground.

Jason
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 06-16-2008 19:10
the one question you MUST get right or the rest of the exam will be irrelevant is "Name:"
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-16-2008 19:48
This is TRUE! LOL :-)
Parent - - By Stephen32 (*) Date 06-17-2008 17:15
When I got finished with the  seminar I went home and started studying. I took every practice test and workbook over and over. I studied for over a month and a half every night. I got to where I could finish both tests in about 45 mins each. When I took my actual test it took me every bit of the 2 hours. My point is this: Study, Study, Study. :)
Parent - - By Pipeslayer (**) Date 06-30-2008 19:31
Stephen is absolutely right. STUDY,SUDY,STUDY. Oh yeah keep away from the going out every night party clowns. A bunch of those guys failed their test. Not knocking those who have  failed it once but most guys taking the CWI exam work around fabs shops and construction sites. If you fail they will think that everything that you've said in the past about welding is wrong and  that you are a dumb a$$.
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 07-08-2008 12:28
Question #1 is B, #2 is A, #3 is E, just kidding, it isn't that simple.  BTW there are a lot of different versions of the test, don't think thre's only one.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Help with current questions on the D1.1 Exam!!