Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / union
- - By James0228 (*) Date 07-24-2008 03:08
is the local 798 hard to get in to?
Parent - - By okie boomer (*) Date 07-24-2008 03:13
not if you are exp. in pipeline welding they test all week at tulsa call the hall an talk to kevin
Parent - - By ryan gaspard (**) Date 07-25-2008 02:45
do you have a number and a contact, i tried but always get put on hold or cut off thanks
Parent - - By okie boomer (*) Date 07-25-2008 03:01
If your having trouble gettin to talk to someone thats understandable. Kevin dispatches all the welders and is swamped. As for Shelia Ledbetter I don't have the phone number with me. You can look it up on their website. But if you really want to join go to Tulsa to the Hall and talk to them about taking the welding test and they'll get you right in. They do their own testing on location and are needing alot of welders.
Parent - - By ryan gaspard (**) Date 07-26-2008 01:17
thanks alot, seems this is the bread winner of the future[pipeline work]
Parent - By okie boomer (*) Date 07-27-2008 01:36
798 is booming along with every body else i have been working steady for about 18 years union some times its good sometimes its slow an there is a lot of people who chose not to an it is there right i never dog a person for feeding there family only thing is i want mine to have insur. i want a retirement some day an if someting was to happen to me they would have some money to make it on good luck
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / union