Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / photos for use in weld inspection training
- - By dmilesdot (**) Date 02-26-2009 17:03
Anyone know of a website where I can download pictures of both good and bad welds.  I need them for a visual weld seminar that NYS is giving to the local engineers.
Thanks
Dave
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 02-26-2009 19:16
Hello Dave, I believe you might be able to find some pictures that you could cut/paste/copy from www.millerwelds.com or possibly www.lincolnelectric.com. I have seen copies of some of their posters that show examples of various good/bad welds. They have welds for SMAW, GMAW, and I seem to recall some for FCAW as well. The AISC website might also have some examples that you could copy, try hunting around a bit on the web, I'm pretty sure you can find quite a few examples. On the forum here, try searching under a poster by the name of "soilschick" she included some photos of some pretty bad welds that she had done some inspection on. Good luck and best regards, Allan 
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 02-27-2009 18:20
What exactly would you like?  I have a few in my library that I have taken from various projects we completed here...
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 02-28-2009 06:35
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / photos for use in weld inspection training