Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ultacore on prefab pipe
- - By LongArc (**) Date 10-07-2009 00:32
I'm using 0.045, Untracore. Im using c25 as my gas. Im having trouble with my blending in my starts. I do earch bead 3:00 to 12 on the pipe. I have to turn the pipe manually 3 - 8 inch. I believe its spray arc. Anything under 21 amps it spatters. 22-26 volts works good. I vary the wire speed and voltage depending on the size of the pipe. I dont think this can be done overhead I may be wrong. My tie ends partically my starts are as Issue for me. Is this the norm with this process. I would prefer stick but I know this is faster.
Parent - By welder_Bob (**) Date 10-07-2009 04:26
LongArc,

Here is what the Lincoln Rep gave me when I started using UltraCore it is some good basic info.  And just like stick welding don't start or stop in the same place twice.  I wouldn't be any help on the voltage setting because of the length of my leads creates a voltage drop.  Once you find the sweet spot over head welding is cake.  But I would suggest wearing a sleeve, a bib, and a back hand pad, I always do.
Attachment: Untracorepipewelding.pdf (76k)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ultacore on prefab pipe