Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Corrosion Resistance test...failed (locked)
1 2 3 Previous Next  
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-17-2009 12:27
Stu,
  I cut and pasted this from HENRY'S POST. You are asking for an answer you have ALREADY BEEN GIVEN DUMBA**!! Henry is right, you don't pay attention.

So I indeed sent it to the right person. Sounds like you are in need of a plexidexamy. This is a procedure where they remove a 6"X6" piece of skin from your belly area and replace it with a piece of Plexiglas so that you can see where you are going when you have your head up your butt. Maybe your insurance will cover the procedure.

So Mr. Padasso, you have a great day now.

jrw159
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 11-18-2009 11:41
Henry got it wrong right from the initial post when he did not spot the 40C test temperature and did his usual in writing a thesis for every post on something that stuck out like a sore thumb. I told him I do not read all his rants and asked him for a simple clear answer which he never did.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-18-2009 12:05
There are none so blind as those who will not see. I believe the "clear one word answer" you wanted and he DID give is "NO".

Put your helmet back on and quit licking the windows on the short bus.

Discussion over. Welcome to my "Ignore" list. :-)

jrw159
Parent - By Nanjing Date 11-18-2009 13:19
Another idiot comment.

Where is the one word answer???? Hidden all that pile of junk????

You. like Henry  cannot see what I am talking about.

You evade what I said.

You and Henry could not see what welder 5354's problem was. You had no clue and still do not when you write to Crisi you do not know the difference between 23 and 24C!

You just want to write, I think, for the sake of writing without really knowing how to solve anyones problem. You are not man enough to stand up and admit you were wrong. Go and hide with Henry, bury your heads in the sand. I am sure if there are any experienced engineers on this site they will know what you are.

You have absolutely know idea.

PitBuLL  Be bold in what you stand for and careful of what you fall for. Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you'll suck forever. Homeland Security Member since 1971 "Are you gonna pull them pistols, or whistle dixie?"

Who in their right mind writes this absolute rubbish!!!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-22-2009 09:00 Edited 11-22-2009 23:44
Hi John!

I was looking through my hard drive the other day, and I noticed this old link I have to a .pdf file which should be quite beneficial to everyone in this thread and will answer all of the questions some may still have regarding Duplex stainless steels in general... It should provide everything one needs to know about working with all of the current grades of Duplex stainless steels, so in case anyone is interested - here it is, and this should clarify all of the issues regarding this grade of Stainless steel in this thread once and for all... It is published by the International Molybdenum Association and is titled: " Practical Guidelines for the Fabrication of Duplex Stainless steels." This should clarify any of the remaining questions left in this thread :

http://www.euro-inox.org/pdf/map/Guidelines_Fabrication_Duplex_EN.pdf

Enjoy, and as far as I'm concerned, my very last entry into this thread.

Respectfully to everyone except, well you all know who!!! :) :) ;) Btw, This is for you nanjing!!! :) :) :)
Henry
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-22-2009 10:40
Henry,
  Thanks for the link. That should keep me busy for awhile. LOL

jrw159 :-)
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 11-22-2009 23:30
I sincerely hope it is your last.

From the outset you never spotted what the problem was, that is testing at the wrong temperature. You wrote a lot of nonsense and you persist still in trying to cover up your basic error.

Henry, you do not know the basics.

How come you have so many "Last posts?". I hope you can keep your word on this one!
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-22-2009 23:35
SQUAWK!!! :-)
Parent - By Nanjing Date 11-23-2009 05:55
Great technical response jrw159, shows your intellect! I have always had the highest esteem over the years for American Engineers that I have worked with on projects throughout the world with American companys that lead the world in construction. You pair are obviously a different breed. However I will not think less of your countrymen based on my experience of working with "Real American Engineers".
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-17-2009 11:00
Do you mean there's that big difference between the test made at 23ºC and the one made at 24ºC?
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-17-2009 12:41
Professor Crisi,
  To be completely honest with you, I do not know for sure. They only thing I do know is I am tired of hearing Stu Padasso (Nanjing) pi** and moan about wanting an answer that he has already received, be it right or wrong. These threads are not that hard to follow and if he would just shut the mouth and open the eye's he would not look like such a moron and be deteriorating this thread. 11 times on one page he asks for an answer that is already there.

This is making it hard for the rest of us who would like to try to learn something new from all of this when all he does is SQUAWK like an annoying myna bird!!

Best regards,
jrw159

Parent - By Nanjing Date 11-18-2009 12:13
You do not know the difference in testing at 23 or 24? This clearly shows you have no experience at all in these type of materials like your good friend Henry. Ask anyone who does this for a living every day (like me for the last 25 years for major companys all over the world). The problem stuck out like a sore thumb when it was made clear that the filler was 22%Cr and tested at 40C. Why you must all write so much about a basic simple mistake is beyond me!

All that needed to said to welder 5354 was "you have not followed Norsok and that your tests have been carried out at a temperature outwith normal specification and company practices and will not meet the specified weight loss criteria". That is what I told him and he solved gis problem by following my advice. "Norsok does not have any requirement for this test on 22%Cr".

In a nutshell, no need for "War and Peace" on each post.

You cannot even get my name right.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-17-2009 11:56 Edited 11-17-2009 12:40
Hey John!

Thanks for your support! This Come Mierda has sent me some really messed up private E-mails thinking he could bait me some more, so I just blocked the dumba$$ and have ignored him on here as well... It's a shame when someone as mentally disturbed as this person clearly is continues to beat on a dead horse as many times as he already has...

The really wierd part about it is that this clown just doesn't get it, never could and never will!!! He has made a complete fool out of himself in this thread time after time and continues to do so even to this day!!! I believe electro-shock therapy is in order for this individual!!! :) :) :) :) :)

The funny thing about it is that this jerk actually thinks that I'm gonna continue to play this psychotic game with him, and he's literally frothing at the mouth to get his chance at debating me some more!!!! ROTFLMFAOAAA!!! :) :) :) What a SCERB!!! Oh well he'll probably get all riled up, and start screaming to his "Ling - Ling" like he tried to before when he sent me some really nasty e-mails about a week ago LMFAO!!! :) :) Too Friggin FUNNY!!! :) :) :) Anywho, I'm just gonna ignore him and eventually he'll go away or not - WHATEVER!!!  Once Again, thanks for the backup Compay!!! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By jarcher (**) Date 11-06-2009 11:06
Well, glad to be of help. Certainly has been a lively and interesting thread.
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 11-06-2009 12:01
Certainly Has
Parent - By Nanjing Date 11-06-2009 04:42
G48 was written for testing the base materials and does not address welds. This standard however has been generally adopted as an industry norm over the years however specific test temperatures are always set in project specifications for the particular alloy that will be used. The industry norm being 22-25C for standard duplex and 35-40C for superduplex in the as-welded condition.
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 11-11-2009 15:20
Giovanni, no word back from Metrode? I am very surprised. It is not like them not to respond quickly.

Henry is very conspicuous by his silence!
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-11-2009 17:58
Not yet. The letter was actually posted on November 6, although I told on my previuos posting that it was on November 5. It takes 6 - 8 days for a Priority Air Mail letter posted in Sao Paulo to reach Western Europe countries. To day is November 11, so the letter hasn't got yet at Metrode offices, which will happen hopefully in the next two or three days.
As soon as I have an answer I'll publish it on this Forum. 
Why havn't I sent an e-mail instead of a letter? Because in my experience (personal and that of my students) that kind of e-mails, i.e., posing a technical question, are seldom, if ever, answered. Letters, on the other hand, are pieces of papers resting on somebody's desk that reminds at all moments their owners that the sender is still waiting for an answer.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 11-27-2009 14:23
Professor Crisi, I think i need to complain to Dr. Chris Farrar about Metrode's lack of response to you. Not good enough from a British company.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-27-2009 18:37
Last November 6 I've sent a letter to Metrode Ltd. asking them some more information about what's stated on page 3 of their Zeron 100X catalog. Specifically, the questions were related to the temperature at which a test according to ASTM G 48 Method A was carried out when testing a duplex 22% chrome alloy.
With Metrode answer in hands, I expected to finish the endless (and up to now fruitless) discussion between Nanjing and Henry that have taken 3 pages of the AWS Forum.
Considering that it takes 6 - 8 days for a prioritary air mail letter to get from Brazil to Western Europe countries, my letter must have arrived at Metrode offices by November 14. Considering also that November 14 was a Saturday, it must have been read by someone in Metrode by Monday, November 16. So far, November 27, I havn't received any answer even though I asked them to send the answer by e-mail.
What might be the reason? Very simple. I'm from Brazil, a third world, underdeveloped country, and third world, underdeveloped citizens don't deserve that British engineers waste even a minute of time clearing up their technical doubts. Time is money! used to say Benjamin Franklin, and so it's spent with those who deserve it, not with third world, underdeveloped citizens. Britishmen, and I've worked in five projects with them (two power plants, two fertilizer factories and one gold mine) are arrogant and truly believe to be superior beings.   
Do you see, Gentlemen, the disadvantage of being third world, underdeveloped engineers?
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 11-28-2009 05:44
Giovanni, I am amazed at your response. You get no response to a letter and you conclude that all British are arrogant? You belong to a country which has one of the largest economy in the world, underdeveloped?. Do not give me this bullsh*t!
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 11:21
Is this the type of behavior that got you booted off the UK forum or were you even more of an ass over there??

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?pid=142148;hl=UK%20forum

jrw159
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 11-28-2009 18:53
I know it is difficult for you to try and stick to the subject of welding as your knowledge is very limited but please give it a try. FYI I was banned for naming a convicted child molester but maybe you think that kind of thing is ok where you come from.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-28-2009 19:44
From what I am reading on that forum there is MUCH more to it than that. As a matter of fact I have yet to find anything concerning that. Only you acting like the ass you are.

You have a great weekend now. :-)

jrw159

Ignore mode back to ON.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-28-2009 20:06 Edited 11-28-2009 20:09
Wow... Such a turn of events..

In  consecutive posts you criticize Prof. Crisi about his opinion of his own country and how it is treated (nothing at all to do with welding.) and then critize JRW about his inability to stay on welding topics.

Why would a distinguished professor like Crisi extend courtesy to somebody who is more like a malarial mosquito than a helpful contributer, proves that some men have a great capacity for patience.. More than I would have.

If the environment becomes uncomfortable for Professor Crisi he may elect to put his time elsewhere..  Much to our collective loss.

If somebody must go.. Let it be you.
Parent - By Nanjing Date 11-29-2009 07:36
Lawrence, you must have difficulty in reading English or understanding it. I criticise him for grasping at straws and using a nonsensical reason as to why Metrode did not answer his letter. He blames the British are arrogant and look down their noses at Brazil. I could tell you Metrode would definitely respond if they had received his letter. They are the most helpful and knowledgeable welding consumable manufacturer I have ever worked with and I am certain they would reply to an emminent contact in South America. Clearly they never received the letter.
As to collective loss, I dont think it would be much of a loss to welder 5354, which this thread was all about and everyone has decided to forget about this. He would still be trying to do corrosion tests at 40C if he had listened to some of the posts written here.
A simple basic mistake that caught so many of you out as you do not know. Cutting and pasting links to information is fine but you have to know what it means and there is no better way to find out what it means than by doing it every day in your job.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-30-2009 22:20
To day, Monday November 30, 2009, I've sent Metrode Ltd. an e-mail attaching the letter that they didn't answer. An e-mail arrives instantaneously.
Let's wait and see what happens this time.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By Nanjing Date 12-02-2009 11:27
Professor Crisi, do you mind posting the e-mail as it would be a benefit when reading Metrode's response.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Corrosion Resistance test...failed (locked)
1 2 3 Previous Next