Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / why welds crack? please help
- - By cornballs girl Date 11-08-2002 03:54
I am a senor in welding at mpcc in ohio i have a report to do and i was wondering if any one knew of a website that i could find info on any help you can offer me would be geat my topic is : why welds crack
Parent - - By kam (**) Date 11-08-2002 12:47
Try looking on this site.
www.twi.co.uk
Havent been thier for awhile but they used to have some good stuff.

Not sure where you can find it but there was a great article written by Omer Blodgett titled "Why Do Welds Crack". Think he worked for Lincoln Electric. Might do a search and try to find thier web site and see what they have.

hope this helps ya

regards
kam
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 11-08-2002 14:05
I think that article by Omer Blodgett is available at lincolnelectric.com
CHGuilford
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 11-08-2002 14:29
More specifically, go to www.lincolnelectric.com/pdfs/knowledge/articles/content/weldcracking.pdf

The Lincoln site has many other other good articles as well.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-08-2002 14:40
In addition to kam's and Mr. Guilford's useful recommendations I suggest you the following:
1) it is possible that your college library has AWS's Welding Handbook and/or Jefferson's Welding Encyclopaedia. You'll find a lot of material there.
2) On the upper right angle of this site's homepage there's a small white window. Write "cracking" on it and then click on "Search". There are 28 references which you can look at.
By the way, what does MPCC means?
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil

Parent - By GRoberts (***) Date 11-08-2002 15:40
You can also search the "Welding Journal" technical articles which are archived on this AWS website.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / why welds crack? please help