Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Size Macroetch Specimen for WPS Qualification or Pret D1.5
- - By Leonardo Martínez (*) Date 02-08-2013 13:39
Code D1.5 section 5 Qualification; in Figure 5.1 "WPS Qualification or Pretest-Test Plate A (see 5.7.1)" Shows the distribution of almost all specimens needed, again almost all of them are explained and dimensioned in others figures and in case of CVN Block showing in the same figure 5.1 the minimum length of the block before obtain the CVN specimens.

My question is about the size of the macroetch specimen, wich does not show dimensions, how much is the minimum correct size of this specimen to comply with code requeriments?

Thanks.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-08-2013 14:51
I don't see why you couldn't use the end of the CVN block to polish and macroetch. (similar to the discarded pieces on the ends)
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 02-08-2013 15:36
I always had the lab that did the CVN, tensiles and bends do the macro etch test.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Size Macroetch Specimen for WPS Qualification or Pret D1.5