Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Stamps
- - By jsdwelder (***) Date 02-27-2013 19:35
To any of you CWI's out there- do any of you who have had a new stamp issued in the last couple of years have any problems with the way the mark is left on the paper after you use the stamp? Mine seems to not only leave the impression of the letters, but also the rectangular backing that the letters are on. It almost seems to me that the letters are not quite tall enough. Anyone have this issue? I was wondering if AWS would send me a new stamp if I requested one. Thanks
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 02-28-2013 11:31
I have the new self inking stamp and it doesnt leave any border, just my name and such.  It sounds like to have the old style, the newer ones are not raised, it's flat.
Parent - - By jsdwelder (***) Date 02-28-2013 14:58
No it's not the old style. I got it after my 9yr in 2011. On the side of the stamp it says " Slim Stamp 1854". It just seems to me that the lettering is not raised enough to leave only that when I use it.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-11-2013 21:03
Your not supposed to use a hammer on it js.  Just a gently push with the hand.  :lol:

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Oneatatime (**) Date 03-12-2013 04:48
I have the 1845, i found that if i stamp on one piece of scrap paper first, the raised rim doesn't show up on the paper i want to stamp.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Stamps