Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / fabrication 'traveller' for structural steel in Non-Safety
- - By blanier (*) Date 08-02-2013 16:00
My company has negotiated some work in the non-safety side of a nuclear project. The constructor is asking us to submit Inspection and test Plans including methods to document QC points (travelers). We've never used one and I'm looking to see if anyone has an example they are willing to post to the site or send me.

Thanks
Bruce
blanier53@gmail.com
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 08-02-2013 20:06
I do not have one handy but you might need to clarify.
Are you working to AWS D1.1 or ASME Section III Subsection NF.
I am assuming you are working to D1.1
Parent - By blanier (*) Date 08-05-2013 15:17
That's right D1.1-2000 edition is the permitting edition. But that shouldn't have much to do with the Inspection and Test Plan.
Thanks, Bruce
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 08-02-2013 21:24
Here is a sample ITP that lyou can revise to your suiting.

Btw, years ago I resided in Eden, NC.

Hope this helps...
QCRobert
Attachment: InspectionTestPlanSAMPLE.doc (166k)
Parent - - By blanier (*) Date 08-05-2013 15:15
Thanks, it looks like some of the forms I 'used' to deal with when I worked ASME. And I did fail to mention this is structural steel but the constructor doesn't think that is reason not to have all the bells and whistles. Since you mentioned Eden, did you work for a local company or commute?? I've been in the Charlotte area now for about 30 years.
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 08-05-2013 16:32
Yeah I use that one for API tanks & ASME vessels so not really useful for your structural needs.

Attached are some forms in my library that you may be able to modify.  These are freely posted on the internet.

Eden was just a stop 45 yrs ago when I was going to Rockingham Community College.  Oh the days of being of adult age without the responsibilities of being an adult.  They say if you can remember the '60s you weren't really there.:red:  It's all a blur to me. :wink:

QCRobert
Attachment: StructureSteel.pdf (11k)
Attachment: TorqueandTensionTest.pdf (12k)
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / fabrication 'traveller' for structural steel in Non-Safety