Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Hobart G-213 Help/Photo
- - By Jssec (**) Date 12-29-2013 21:04
Restoring to put in my collection and looking for someone who has a Hobart G-213 with a Wisconsin 2 cylinder engine without a starter mounted on the engine.
The welding armature serves as a starter to crank the engine.
Usually has two 12 volt batteries wired in series for 24 volts.
I need info or photo of where the plus and minus cables from the battery connect to the welder
and the start button cables located on the side of the carburetor just behind it is missing would like info or photo on that also.
I have the manual with schematic but does not show this wiring.
Hobart in Troy does not have any additional info.
Thanks
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-31-2013 18:32
I don't think the files that Miller has go back that far...but have you tried Miller?  They will want Model and Serial from the id plate if it still has one.  Miller had the factory owners manual, parts lists and schematics for mine.  I am surprised your schematic does not show all the wiring, mine are very complete including the optional stuff that was available at the time.  Resurrecting some of those really old and oddball machines can be tough.   That machine did not have a hand crank stub at the end of the crank?

Get a hold of this fella  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DAOEhqVhsI

There is a Hobart boneyard/welding repair place somewhere up north but I cannot find the dang number.   Good luck on it.
Parent - - By Jssec (**) Date 01-01-2014 16:53
Does have provisions for a crank but crank is missing found one on ebay.

Thanks
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 01-03-2014 20:04
A word of warning about online purchases.  Please be careful what you buy online.  There are people out there getting ripped off every day.  Is there anybody left out there with any common decency?? I strongly suggest checking out the seller before you buy anything.  I just spent $450.00 on a penis enlarger.  When I opened the package, it was a magnifying glass.  The instructions said, don't use in sunlight.  This has happened to me twice now.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-04-2014 18:09 Edited 01-04-2014 20:34
Boy, am I glad I read your warning Scott. I was about to order one for a mutual friend after hearing him complain about the ill affects of the cold winter temperatures. Due to your words of wisdom, I have opted to send him some hand cream instead.

It is fortunate there are the select few, such as you, that will step up and provide much needed guidance to those of us that suffer not your worldly experience.   

Thanks again -  Al
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-05-2014 04:10
Al/SCott  dang it this about HOBART resurrection this is like deep mythical Tibetan monk stuff....trying to preserve the pure dc machine so those in the deep future will be able to find the knowledge and create a real welding tool when necessary.  We cannot let the art of it be lost to tragedy or comedy....Jessc is fighting the very wheels of time itself yet you make light of his attempt.  He is a welding hero ...a juggernaut of humanity!!!!!!
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-05-2014 19:41
Sorry to hear you were taken by this scam, but not all is lost. That same magnigying lens can be used to inspect your welds.

Al :cool:
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 02-20-2014 23:23
Call my shop with the spec #. I can email you the manual
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Hobart G-213 Help/Photo