Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Happy Birthday
- - By SCOTTN (***) Date 12-30-2013 16:15
Happy 45th birthday to rsx-s-02

I'll never forget my 45th birthday.  I remember that I wasn't feeling too good that morning. I went to breakfast just knowing that my wife would be cheerful and say, "Happy Birthday" and that she would probably have a present for me.  As it turned out, she didn't even say good morning, let alone happy birthday. I thought, well, that's a wife for you, and there would be hell to pay if I ever forgot her birthday.  Oh well.  The kids will remember.  About that time, the kids came running in for breakfast and didn't say a word.  So when I left for the office, I was feeling pretty low.  As I walked into my office, one of the pretty ladies that worked in the office said, "Good morning, and Happy Birthday".  I immediately felt a little better knowing that someone had remembered, even if it wasn't anyone in my family.  Around noon that day, the same lady knocked on my office door and said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and it's your birthday, let's go to lunch, just you and me."  "My treat".  I said, "That's the greatest thing I've heard all day. "Let's go!", and we went on to lunch.  We didn't go where we all normally go.  Instead, she took me to a private little place. We had a couple drinks to celebrate and I enjoyed the lunch tremendously.  On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day. We don't really need to go back today, do we?"  I said, "No, I guess not."  She said, "Let's go to my apartment." After arriving at her apartment she said, "If you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable".  She went into the bedroom and within a few minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake, followed by my wife, my children, and dozens of our friends, all singing Happy Birthday.  And I just sat there... on the couch....naked.  As I've said in my Happy New Year's post, one of my 2014 new year’s resolutions is to stop rushing into things and wait until the time is right.  This was just another example of that.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-30-2013 16:57
45?? That was, oh my, too many years ago. 

Well, you have a good one and enjoy it while you can.  It will soon be over.

Really, have a great day.  This is a great generation to be living in.  It's been a great ride.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Happy Birthday