Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / discuss:the gas hole of welding enclose vessel
- - By edisonwang (*) Date 01-24-2014 14:46
we know when the enclose vessel is welded ,it maybe occur  gas hole .because the heat gas will occur in vessel when it is welded ,now i want to know if internal heat gas  is  higher pressure contrast with shield gas . who make the test of it?please discuss ,if we try to solve the gas hole ,what can we do except leaving a few bead to weld when the heat gas release
Parent - - By Northweldor (***) Date 01-24-2014 18:19 Edited 01-24-2014 18:22
It seems to me that any enclosed vessel except a float requires at least an inlet to be of use, and even a float vessel benefits from a drain, in case of leakage. If this inlet/outlet  is installed before the welding is completed, it should solve the gas blowout problem. Perhaps I am misunderstanding.
Parent - By edisonwang (*) Date 01-24-2014 18:57
there isnt inlet/outlet ,for example ,two plants are welded on the tube or pipe to be enclose vessel ,when weld the first plant ,it isnt usually produce gas hole,because the heat gas will diffusion from the edge of pipe ,but when welding the second plant ,the heat gas cant diffusion timely,so produce the gas hole on second bead.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / discuss:the gas hole of welding enclose vessel