Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Do you try to make a weld pass or make a weld fail?
1 2 Previous Next  
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 06-16-2014 14:51
Jordan,

Even though poo runs downhill, don't forget that you can also throw it uphill.  Just be prepared for it to be significantly heavier when it rolls back downhill again, and that it will more than likely cause more damage coming back down the second time.  The only reason it rolls down hill in the first place is because the Aholes are on top.  The only thing that helps me deal with them is my prescription for Mibossissapric.  In all fairness, I don’t think it’s right when I have to deal with a problem that someone above me caused and I think that an effort should be made to get to the root of the problem.  An effort that would require pharmaceutical companies to research and develop a pill that when taken, would make poo square so that it can’t roll downhill.  Maybe this has already been attempted, but only to discover that the droppings would then have to be pushed really hard to start their downward roll, and that could get a little messy.  If there has been no research, and they do eventually come up with something, I think that it should be a suppository that can only be administered with a slingshot.  Now just relax for a moment and find your happy place….
Parent - By maxilimiano (**) Date 06-24-2014 11:46
I Think...Inspector look to find money..

Regards
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-13-2014 20:13
You won't get even smoke from me on that one Lawrence.

And I see others are in line with that train of thought as well.

But, as we all know, you won't get them all (Praise the Lord, that assures my income).  And even if we did, customers would still have doubts and thus hire TPI's to assure product quality. 

This is also why companies need a better understanding of in house QC and that it is not a money hole.  A properly run, manned, and implemented QC program saves and makes money for the fabricator/manufacturer.  Proven fact.  But you have to give them authority to actually implement some items of QC and repair of discovered discontinuities.  With no repercussions from the production powers that be. 

This would bring QC departments to realistic training programs and qualification/certification of CWI's not just flunkies with eye balls.  I would love to come into programs where I almost never found a discontinuity. 

Jordan, your questions are really more an item of communication between you and your employer and between them and the customer.  Beyond that, it doesn't matter what the exactness of the applicable codes are, what production crew and leadership thinks, or any thing else.  You need to be doing what the customer wants and your employer needs to tell you what that is so everyone on the job is on the same page.  Then, you won't be taking heat for missing things the customer wants found.  But if you are unaware of the quality measures they want implemented then they can't hold you accountable, though they will try.  The Job Specifications, Contract Documents, General Structural Notes, should all contain the exact info needed for you to accurately discern what they expect for finished product.  If not, it is their fault but needs to be cleared up ASAP. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-13-2014 00:55
All the way to the bottom?

Al
Parent - By marktski (**) Date 05-16-2014 18:29
I haven't looked at that book in quite a while.
It's in my lunch box to take home tonight though.
Thanks to ALL for more than I ever expected to learn!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Do you try to make a weld pass or make a weld fail?
1 2 Previous Next