Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Diamonds
- - By IowaCWI (*) Date 06-10-2014 14:08
What do the diamonds beside member names mean?
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 06-10-2014 14:41 Edited 06-10-2014 15:20
Hello IowaCWI, in short, the diamonds are associated with the number of posts that the member has made. I forget the exact breakdown right now as to posts vs. number of diamonds, but that's all that they really represent. Welcome to the forum and best regards, Allan
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 06-10-2014 14:55
Diamonds are directly proportional to how significant we think our opinions are to other people. :grin:
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-10-2014 16:31

>Diamonds are directly proportional to how significant we think our opinions are....

Yeah, yeah...that's it :grin:
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 06-10-2014 18:25
I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DIAMONDS!!!!
I'm devastated...
And they wonder why I drink.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 06-10-2014 20:44
It's OK John, you can have some of mine if it'll make you feel better! Best regards Allan
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-10-2014 22:34
And here I thought diamonds were my wife's best friends...Diamonds are forever don't you know.  She has a lot more of them than I do.  And they are a lot nicer to look at too.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By IowaCWI (*) Date 06-10-2014 15:23
:lol: ok thanks guys
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 06-11-2014 14:46
Hold on a minute.  While we’re on the subject, diamonds are nothing more than Spanish fly for rich guys.  I remember when I was younger and walking into a jewelry store with my new girlfriend on a Saturday morning.  Wanting to make a good impression on her, I told the jeweler that I wanted to buy her a diamond ring.  You should have seen the look on her face when he took a $5000 ring from the showcase.  Before she could try it on, I grabbed it and told the jeweler that I wanted to give her something very special, and that money was no object.   He went to another showcase and brought back a $40,000 diamond ring.  Seeing the sparkle in her eyes and how her whole body trembled with excitement as she tried it on, I immediately told the jeweler that we’ll take it.  The jeweler asked for the method of payment, and I said that I would be paying with a check.  Even though the bank was closed, from just seeing how happy my new girlfriend was, the jeweler allowed me to go ahead and write the check and he said that he’d call the bank on Monday to verify the funds.  On Monday morning, the jeweler called me and angrily told me to bring the ring back immediately because of insufficient funds.  I told him that I already knew that, and I thanked him profusely for the incredible weekend I had.  Needless to say, the relationship didn't work out.  I think what I really needed was a girl who loved me for my money and was really bad at math. I didn’t fare any better on my next relationship, as my next girlfriend went to the police and told them that I’d raped her.  They asked about the events leading up to the alleged rape.  She showed them a fake diamond ring that I’d given her the night before, that she’d just left from having it appraised, and was told it was a fake.  She might have noticed that it was a fake when I gave it to her had it not been for the 80 proof tequila.  Very few people realize this, but the diamond ring was the first remote control ever invented.  Last month I bought my wife a pair of diamond earrings and she hasn’t spoken to me since.  She’s not mad at me, the not speaking to me was just part of the deal.
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-16-2014 07:24
How come I don't see any diamonds?
Parent - - By electrode (***) Date 06-16-2014 08:05

Hypothesis:

1. They're ESAB sponsored.
2. I seem to recall you configured your system not showing any ESAB logo.
3. You don't see any 'diamonds' either.

Supplement:
ESAB might possibly help. :)

Just to put your mind at rest; you've owned '3' as yet. You're on your best way hence to become a '3rd Stage Guild Navigator' soon.
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-16-2014 08:23
Thanks!
I still need spice then!
Parent - By electrode (***) Date 06-16-2014 08:48
You say it, 46.00.

As you know ... it extends life, expands consciousness and ... it is vital to space travel. :)
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 06-16-2014 11:53
Perhaps crystaline carbon just isn't you.
Maybe a galena cubic crystal is more your style and forum admin is waiting to issue you your special emblem.
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-16-2014 11:56
I await with baited breath!
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-16-2014 12:00
I may consult with ESAB on this subject!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-16-2014 12:01
Be careful, there are lots of fakes out there :wink:

Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 06-25-2014 18:58
The more diamonds you have the more kickback you get from ESAB for answering questions for them...
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 06-25-2014 21:11
OK Alan, send me those diamonds you promised me.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-26-2014 03:18
Alright John, but I have to move up the ladder for the "clip-board carrier" position. Fair? Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 06-26-2014 05:35
Allan,

Fair enough.
Problem is, that the job does not pay too well (most likely far below your standard of living) and the skirt length requirement I've added to the company dress code for this upcoming vacancy might conflict with your traditional folkways and mores.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 06-26-2014 05:43
Yeah, I think you got me there. I guess I'll just have to watch from the sidelines as you flit about from continent to continent and share your travels with all of us on the forum here. Have fun and best regards, Allan
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 06-26-2014 15:40
Robert,
can I answer the question wrong and still get a kickback???????????:evil::wink::lol:
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 06-26-2014 16:07
Most certainly, that's how I got mine...:eek:
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Diamonds