Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Japanese book teaches cooking with condoms, huh?
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-24-2014 23:20
Japanese book teaches cooking with condoms...

"Condom Dishes I Want to Make for You," a bestseller on Amazon Japan, includes 11 recipes made by stuffing food into condoms.
By Ben Hooper   |   Sept. 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM   |

"TOKYO, Sept. 24 (UPI) -- A Japanese cookbook titled Condom Dishes I Want to Make for You contains 11 recipes for meals made by stuffing food into condoms.

The book, available for $2.30 on Amazon Japan, contains recipes including escargot in butter, curry pilaf, cookies and fruit parfaits, all made by stuffing ingredients into condoms.

The tome, which quickly rose to the top 100 bestsellers on Amazon Japan, is aimed both at providing delicious recipes and promoting condom use during sexual contact in Japan, which has often been ranked poorly in international studies of condom use."

I'm scratching the head between my shoulders and saying to myself: "Huh?"

Respectfully for the most part,
Henry
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 09-24-2014 23:35
Henry, I think you got way to much time on your hands.
M.G.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-24-2014 23:43
You're right! This is what happens when you retire.:twisted::wink::cool:

Respectfully some what,
Henry
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 09-25-2014 11:19 Edited 09-25-2014 11:34
I hope I'll have that much free time when I retire Henry which want be to long. To search the internet and run up on crazy things like you do Henry. I hope you doing well my friend.

M.G.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 09-25-2014 11:28
What the heck and huh
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 09-25-2014 16:15
No offense Henry, but I find the very thought of stuffing food into condoms absolutely appalling.  Even I have to draw the line somewhere.  I prefer it the other way around.  Instead of stuffing food into condoms, I stuff condoms into food.  Now I realize that some may disagree with that, but hear me out.  Is it wrong to shag a turkey carcass, after it’s been warmed up in the microwave, if you use a condom and it's in the privacy of your own home? I must admit I’m a bit intrigued with the thought of trying new recipes.  My wife is always saying how useless I am around the house.  So recently, she bought me a simple cook book to encourage me to be more useful in the kitchen.  After looking through it, I said, “I can't cook anything from this book. “ She was a bit surprised by that response and said, “Those are very basic and simple recipes.” “That may be true.” I said.  “But every one of them starts out with… “Take a clean dish...” I have to do something, because my wife’s cooking is never going to get any better.  And the cooking with condoms thing won’t work for me, because the word condom brings back a bad memory in my life that I will never forget.   When I was a kid, my dad sat me down and showed me a bunch of pictures of why it's important to always wear a condom.  They were all pictures of me.  That didn’t stop me from trying, even though my first attempt at using one was a bit awkward.  After about 15 minutes of fumbling around in the dark with a condom wrapper, my girlfriend turned the lamp on.  It made me realize, all that time I’d been trying to open a packet of McDonald’s ketchup.  After that, I seemed to have a problem approaching girls.  Fortunately, that problem no longer exists.  Nowadays, and I hate to brag, but I can usually tell within 19 seconds of meeting a woman whether our sex will be consensual or not.  Anyway, I don’t eat a lot.  My wife says I might have an eating disorder and that I should go and see someone about it.  The thing is, if she’d see somebody about her cooking disorder, I might not have this problem.   The other night I came home from work and said to my wife, “Are we having salad for dinner?” To which she replied, “Yes we are.  How on earth did you know that?” I said, “Because I can’t hear the smoke alarm.” Then as she brought it in the dining room, she said “I am so sick of you complaining about my meals”.  “Next time you can fry your own damn salad.” But seriously, there’s a lot to be said about my wife’s cooking once the vomiting has stopped.  There was this one time that as she served up dinner, she noticed me grimacing.  “You think I undercooked it again, don't you?” she said.  All I could say was “Honey, a skilled veterinarian could still save this chicken.''  I even tried giving her compliments, but she’s never been very good at responding to them.  For example, one night I walked into the kitchen just to tell her that the meatballs she was cooking looked delicious.  The only thing she could think of to say was, “Its gravy, you idiot.”
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 09-25-2014 22:50 Edited 09-26-2014 01:28
Thank you Japan for lowering the bar of humanity once again....:eek::cry::eek:
And for Hank and Scott...:grin: :evil::evil::evil::lol::lol::lol::grin::grin::grin::grin::twisted::twisted::twisted::wink::yell::yell::lol::grin::cool:
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-26-2014 08:46
Look who's talking Sutherland!:grin::lol::yell::twisted::yell::lol::yell::twisted::yell::lol::roll::eek::razz::yell::lol::wink::cool:

You're "Weldcome" Clif!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-05-2014 18:55
Ok, so this was a publicity stunt by the condom company. Apparently the actual use of condoms in Japan is around the 3rd worst in the world. So this was an outrageous idea thought up to advertise for condoms, raise awareness(kind of) but also they are "crazy Japanese"(quote from my wife).

The recipes are good recipes from nutritionists and the condoms were actually stuffed. Whether or not anybody would eat the contents we do not know. Seems as though she said this was a relatively new book though. I guess my take on it is this, "hey, you can use our condoms for food but maybe you should use them during sex to protect against disease and abortions". A crazy off the wall way to push practicing safe sex.

The Japanese are pretty shy anyhow especially when it comes to these types of things, at least that's how it was back when I was there for two years. Bold American Marine walks in to buy condoms at the 7 Eleven and throws them on the counter, throws down some yen with a smile. The girl or guy behind the counter can't even look at you! LOL!!!

I told my wife it would have been better it they used edible condoms!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Japanese book teaches cooking with condoms, huh?