Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASNT ACCP Level III
- - By rjtinsp (*) Date 10-02-2014 01:55
Hey all,

Can anybody give me any insight into what to expect on the procedure writing portion of the ACCP Level III exams?

I have taken and passed the NDT Level III in UT, MT, and PT a few years back and now I want to get the ACCP Level III in those methods. I'm not so worried about the practical hands on exams as I have taken my fair share as a level II in the past but I have no idea what to expect on the procedure writing portions.

Ramon
Parent - - By supermoto (***) Date 10-07-2014 15:31 Edited 10-07-2014 18:58
I'm curious also.  I have written 7 different NDE procedures and a written practice, as I'm sure it can't be writing a whole procedure.  Her seating a well written a procedure is going take a few hours.

I am taking my ASNT SNT UT Level III in a few months and would like to know how much is asked about the different NDE methods for the basic.   ASNT's website says 10 different methods with typical Level II type questions.  I understand 30% is just on CP-189 and SNT-TC-1A.  I had a couple people tell me to know CP-105 but there cannot be any questions from that since it is just an outline of the different methods.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 10-07-2014 17:49
You guys may already know this, but I did a Google search and found that you are required to prepare an NDT procedure to meet the requirements of a supplied codeā€¦

7.2.3 Procedure Preparation Examination: This written examination requires candidates to demonstrate the ability to prepare an NDT procedure for the applicable test method for a specified part based on a supplied NDT specification commonly used in the applicable Industry Sector.
Parent - - By trapdoor (**) Date 10-07-2014 18:44
Thanks Scott,

I have read all of the information that I could find on the ASNT website.To clarify I was just wondering if the candidate has to draft an entire procedure or portions of a procedure.

Ramon
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 10-07-2014 18:54
I would think that one would have to show the ability to draft an entire procedure rather than a partial procedure, but I can't justify my thinking because of my lack of experience.  If one has the ability to draft an entire procedure, then one can certainly draft a portion of it, but not vice versa.  Jut my thought.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASNT ACCP Level III