Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / happy thanksgiving
- - By kcd616 (***) Date 11-24-2014 07:18 Edited 11-26-2014 16:08
I know I am early,
but work and medical stuff keep me off here at times
I wish to give thanks, to everyone here, for the friendship and knowledge
from my family to your family
our best
sincerely,
Kent
edit...got a minute here so something for people....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98XqT4kBWT4
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-24-2014 08:47
Hi Kent,

Thank you for those kind words my friend... I hope that all is well with you or at least as well as it could be considering... I would like to offer your family my prayers for a peaceful and pleasant Thanksgiving and to enjoy any bounty upon which you and your family may obtain for your feast...:grin:

And just a reminder of caution my friend... By careful not to over eat protein as it will increase your blood ammonia level because taking more of the medicine to compensate will not work so please be aware that while enjoying the bounty with your family that you focus a little more on your protein intake alright buddy?:twisted::lol::yell::lol::yell::roll::smile::grin::wink::cool:

May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kent and your family as well. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in here!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-24-2014 14:45
And to the both of you as well as all others here from our house, including the house of my parents,  We wish all of you a joyous day of making and establishing memorials of all the goodness, mercy, grace, and LOVE of the Lord God Almighty who showers gifts upon all men and gives the the strength and ability to enjoy more bounty than so many others could even begin to comprehend.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 11-24-2014 16:29
Happy Thanksgiving to Kent, Henry, Brent, and to our all of our AWS Forum family.  As our society becomes increasingly secular, the actual “giving of thanks to God” during our annual Thanksgiving holiday is being overlooked, leaving only the feast itself. May God grant that he may find us grateful every day for all of his gifts, both spiritual and material.  I got to thinking about how Thanksgiving might be so much more meaningful if I focused on thanking God for the things he rarely hears thanks for, so I’m going to try something a little different this year.  I’m not just going to thank him for our food and for all the blessings for this past year, I’m also going to thank him for all the ways he hasn't performed according to my liking.  I’m going to thank him for all the times he said “no” and for all the ways he worked in and through my life without me even knowing it.  I’m going to thank him for all the unresolved issues and the ways I’m still waiting for answers.  I’m going to thank him, regardless, as I offer him a heart of obedience and surrender this year.  I'm going to thank him for the food we'll eat, and thank him for his many blessings on us this past year...the ones we've seen, as well as the ones we haven't seen.  I'm going to thank him for the times he said “no”, as they have helped us depend on him so much more.  I'm going to thank him for unanswered prayers because it reminds us that he knows what's best for us, even when our opinion differs.  I'm going to thank him for the things he's withheld, which protected us from things that we may have never realized.  I'm going to thank him for the doors he's closed, because they prevented us from going somewhere he would rather not have us go.  I'm going to thank him for the physical pain he's allowed in our lives.  It helped us more closely relate to his sufferings on our behalf.  I'm going to thank him for the alone times in our lives. Those times have forced us to lean in closer to him. I'm going to thank him for the uncertainties we've experienced, which have deepened our trust in him.  I'm going to thank him for the times he came through for us when we didn't even know we needed help.  I'm going to thank him for the losses we’ve experienced. They've been a reminder that he is our greatest gain.  I'm going to thank him for the tears we’ve shed, as they’ve kept our hearts soft and moldable.  I'm going to thank him for the times we haven't been able to control our circumstances.  They’ve reminded us that he is sovereign and on the throne.  I'm going to thank him for his ability to take what we consider a “tragedy” and turn it into a treasure.  I'm going to thank him for those he's called home to be with him.  Their absence from this earth reminds us to keep our eyes fixed on heaven.  I'm going to thank him that we have an inheritance in the heavenly places... something that this world can never steal from us and we could never selfishly squander.  I'm going to thank him for the greatest gift he could ever give us... forgiveness through his perfect son's death on the cross on our behalf.  I'm going to thank him for the righteousness he credited toward us, through the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  It's a righteousness we could never attain to on our own.  I'm going to thank him not only for our eternal salvation, but for the salvation he affords us every day of our lives as he saves us from ourselves, our foolishness, our own limited insights, and our frailties in light of his power and his strength.  I'm going to thank him for all that he's allowed and all that he's not allowed in our lives this past year.  And finally, I'm going to thank him that we can pray to him in the name of Jesus Christ, who made our access to him, and who made a personal relationship with him, possible.

There may only be one Thanksgiving Day a year, but it’s important to give thanks to God every day.  Let God read our lips as we give thanks to him continuously.  In the good times, as well as the bad.  In the pleasantries of life, as well as in the pain.  During difficult times, trying times and frustrating times, too.  

Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless all of you.
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 11-24-2014 15:49
I am gunna wish you an early thanksgiving!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-24-2014 19:56
Do you have family around Glyn?  Was thinking of asking you to join us  :lol::lol:  up in OR of course.  And you would be more than welcome if you wanted to make such a trip. 

Brent
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 11-24-2014 20:32
Hi Brent, Thanks for your kind offer! I don't have any family over here at the moment but I am blessed with an invite to a friends house for the day! Thank you for the offer though! Happy Thanksgiving!
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 11-24-2014 23:11
Same here have a good Thanksgiving everybody and may GOD BLESS.

M.G.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / happy thanksgiving