Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Jon Lambert
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 12-30-2014 18:38
Hello old timers and you young-uns too...

Its been a very long time since I've posted here in the Forums but just wanted to make an update to let you all know my days are numbered, terminally ill with cancer so will be joining many of the greats who have gone before me.

All the best for 2015!

Regards

Jon
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-30-2014 18:46
Hello Jon!

Welcome back even if only briefly to update us on your condition.

Sorry to hear about where your health stands.  You will be added to my and my family's prayer list. 

Prove the doctors wrong.  Stand strong, be of good cheer, keep going, and have faith that His Perfect Will will be accomplished. 

All of us have numbered days and don't know what that number is, just do what you can for as long as you can. 

I like to look to Henry and hope I can be even a small part as active and persistent as he has been.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and 364 more days to go with it.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-30-2014 19:46
Jon,
Oh man! Sorry to hear about the news, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Everyone's days are numbered brother, you simply have a better notion of what may be ahead for you than the rest of us...but we will all follow those that have gone on before us. I hope the docs are wrong in your case, they have been before.

Thanks for the update, even though it isn't what I wanted to hear from a fellow forum member.
Keep us posted, and all the best in 2015 for you as well.

edit* I should have read Brent's post...he said it better than I did.
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 12-30-2014 20:55
Jon,
Sorry to hear the bad news my prayers for you and your family, Brent and John said it best.
M.G.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-31-2014 00:17
Hello Jon, that is a sobering statement on your part and a very courageous one. I do hope that you consider " Henry" in particular when you tell us of your condition. I am sure that Henry had thoughts of life coming to an end for him as well time and time again and he is certainly still here with and for us all. I hope for you that your time is saturated with quality and rewards and that you and your family celebrate each and every moment that you have, however long that may be. With humble best regards, Allan
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 12-31-2014 03:35
Jon,
Everyone else has said it far better than I ever could, stay strong!

Clif
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 12-31-2014 12:40
Jon,

You have been a major contributor to this great forum and I respect your knowledge.  I’m so sorry to hear that you have cancer.  I’m not sure what to say, but you’re in my thoughts and prayers.  We may not be guaranteed physical health in this life, but when we trust in God we’re promised spiritual security for all eternity.  I pray that you take comfort in Jesus’ promise of eternal life and peace…. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”.  May God bless you.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-31-2014 13:03
You are loved and respected.  Simply stated a fine legacy eh?

If there is something to be done, even someone to sit quietly and listen, please don't hesitate.

May the joy of the Lord be your strength.

Lar
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-31-2014 14:01
Jon,

Not knowing anything about your religious background I wanted to add one thing, to me and especially for myself, no one here is 'preaching' at you.  We all want to be an encouragement to you, edifying and exhorting you, as that is one thing we can and should do for all of our fellow man. 

As Lawrence expressed, and probably best done one on one, if there is ever anything else that you would like to talk about, questions to ask, you know where to find us.  But, I presume there are others in your immediate circle of family and friends who can assist you through this time just as well or even better than any of us. 

Here's hoping and praying we have this conversation for several more 'New Year's' to come. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 01-15-2015 04:41
Give it hell.
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-31-2014 15:20 Edited 12-31-2014 15:28
Hello Jon;

I'm sadden to hear the news.

Enjoy the time you have and remember the good times you've had.

As a young Ironworker apprentice, a foreman once told me, "Kid, your reputation will get to the job site long before you do. It will take time and energy to earn that reputation and seconds to destroy it. Every job you do is important and it deserves your best effort."

Your reputation is well established. You have earned our respect through your action and deeds.

Please keep us informed of your whereabouts and how you are doing.

I wish you the best and I hope your doctors are the best there are. Just remember, they are not always right. My younger sister was supposed to pass on several years ago, but you would never know it to meet her. Her take on the subject; "They don't know what they're talking about." It's mind over matter in many cases.

Peace be with you. - Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-02-2015 04:29
Well said Al... And I for one don't listen to the doctors anymore! When they used to tell me that I probably have maybe 6 months to live, and yet I'm still here... How can they play God like that?The last doctor who told me I only have so much to live I responded with: "Really? Isn't that what you told me the last time and what was the result of it?" My doctor then described to me how unique I am and blah, blah, blah and I responded with: "BS! You're just saying that so you could CYA in case something does happen that can't be reversed!"

After that I left the doctor for the last time and found me another one who I interviewed first before I would let her take care of me, and she answered my questions favorably so I hired her... And ever since I have been under her care my cancer has gone back into remission and hopefully my lung problem will be resolved by the end of the month via surgery...

So yes - get your affairs in order and make sure your insurance is up to date as well as double checking your will, and anything else you haven't thought about for some time, and please don't take this the wrong way but, Doctors are not always correct in their prognosis of their patients! I should know because I'm living proof of that... Are you still living in NZ?

Jon, I will not count you out yet nor will I ever for that matter so stay strong my friend! And please keep posting okay? HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family Jon.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 01-04-2015 19:29
Gents, thanks kindly to all of you.  Henry, I really appreciate your inspiration.   I was a good friend of the late, great Dave Boyer and still have several messages from him as we shared the same type of cancer. 

I most definitely am not rolling over to let them tell me I'm already dead and having been down this road and successfully survived before will give this one hell of a fight!  Still waiting to see Oncology, should be this week (the news of returned cancer came from my surgeon) so will let everyone know what they have to say.

Happy new year all!

Regards

Jon
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-05-2015 15:31
That's the Spirit Jon!!!:grin::grin::grin:
You know I'll be praying for you friend!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 01-06-2015 19:36
Jon, you have been heavy on my heart since the first of the year.  Know that you are supported in our thoughts & prayers by friends & collegues here on the forum.  (James 5 15)

It's great to hear you are ready for the fight and that in itself becomes an example to others to be strong and committed.

God bless and keep you,
Robert
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 01-07-2015 00:09
Could not say it any better than you just did in this post, Robert. Keep after it Jon and know that there are a lot of souls out there "P.U.S.H"ing until something happens (to use one of Henry's statements, I believe). Best regards. Allan
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-05-2015 16:03
Hello Jon;

Are you back home or still traveling. Silly question, but I sure hope you are home and being treated by the best people available.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 01-06-2015 02:37
The best Physician available is just a prayer away.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 01-07-2015 18:57
Al, I am home in New Zealand and the medical care here is not only amazingly good but also FREE.  I honestly don't believe I could get better medical anywhere in the world.  I feel very blessed in my adopted homeland.  Feeling the love from all of you and it really does make one helluva difference, thanks one and all!
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-07-2015 19:22
There is nothing like being home with family and friends when you need love and support.

Al
Parent - By spots (**) Date 01-21-2015 19:41
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Remember that all we really have is the ever passing moment.

Do not rob the moment by living in the future or the past.

Some may say your time is short, but never let that prevent you from enjoying each moment to the fullest.

I wish you the very best on your journey.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Jon Lambert