Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / team building
- - By kcd616 (***) Date 01-16-2015 13:59
even in the hardest situation, it’s great to have a group of people that can have a laugh, make a joke, even in the tough times, and make light of situations. That is obviously stressful, but it’s a nice lesson
hope this helps
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 01-22-2015 15:57
Great points Kent.  Stress kills and should never be taken lightly.  I knew I was suffering from stress when I woke up screaming and realized that I hadn't fallen asleep yet.  It’s a good thing that I was still awake because I’d lit some stress relief candles and they ended up catching my living room curtains on fire…. talk about irony.  My supervisor recently gave me one of those stress balls to help me deal with my work related stress issues.  I was pleasantly surprised that it actually helped.  As soon as I shoved it down his throat, I felt much better, at least until the cops arrived.  Since then I’ve found a much calmer way to relieve stress.  I’ve found that my drive home from work has always had a calming effect on me, but the stress always starts again as I’m driving back to work the next morning.  I’ve been able to counter that by driving to work backwards and pretend that I’m leaving.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-22-2015 18:48
BEAUTIFUL! Scott!!!

You always know how to cheer someone up buddy! Thanks for that.:lol::yell::yell::yell::lol::yell::twisted::yell::twisted::lol::grin::smile::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-10-2015 20:19
Amazingly simple -Brilliant as always.

Al
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 02-11-2015 16:05
Thanks Al.  For some reason my driving backwards seemed to stress out a lot of other people, so I’ve found a much safer way to relieve stress.  Three words….. bubble wrap.  It’s 4% protecting my belongings and the other 98% is pure stress relief.  The biggest source of my stress left me recently.  My wife said that she was leaving me because I’m lazy and I never do any DIY projects.  When I said to her, “Don’t let the front hit you in the a** on your way out”, she said, “There’s no chance of that happening.  The front door is still in bubble wrap in the garage.”  I’ve also found that bubble wrap is so much cheaper than therapy, and it doesn’t draw the conclusion that you’re crazy before it even starts talking to you.  The first time I went to see a stress therapist I walked in wearing only a pair of shorts made entirely of bubble wrap.  The therapist took one look at me and said “I can clearly see you’re nuts.  I guess it didn’t do a very good job protecting my belongings after all.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-11-2015 17:22
Nice.

Al
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / team building