Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / cwi positive impact on a company
- - By onoberhie Date 03-25-2015 08:31
what would be your response if asked during a job interview '' what positive impact would you make if employed into this company"? and prior to the interview date you have find out from the company's website the nature of their operation to be pipeline construction, installation and rehabilitation. pls i need an answer.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-25-2015 13:23
It isn't YOUR response and heart felt contribution if you get it from others. 

That is actually a good question that seldom has been among questions I have been asked.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 03-25-2015 18:03
As usual, Brent has offered some excellent advice.  I’ll just add to it and say that I can't stress enough the importance of being totally honest when being interviewed.  “I'm confident, bold, and I’m not afraid to take risks” I told one interviewer.  “That may be the case, but would you please get out of my chair and wait outside with the other applicants until your name is called?” Finally, my name was called.  When I was asked where I see myself in five years, evidently “Firing” you” was not an acceptable answer.  She quickly moved on to the next question and asked “What would you consider to be your main weakness and strength?” “Well, my main weakness would be my issues with reality, telling what's real from what's not.” “And your main strength?” “I'm Batman.”  “Seriously, what are your strengths?” “I'm an optimist and a positive thinker.” “Can you give me an example?” “Yes, when do I start?” After that, I could see that she was clearly annoyed and her line of questioning got tougher.  “Tell me the best thing about yourself.” “I'm a glass half full type of guy.” “Ýou mean you have a positive outlook and, you're a real go-getter?” “No, I'm an alcoholic.”  We eventually finished the interview and she called someone in to show me around.  He took me out to the job and told me to grab a stool.  Evidently I misunderstood him and the toilet attendant job was given to somebody else.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-27-2015 02:57
Scottn, I love you, but I have to say I'm glad you are not on my job. Nothing would get done. Everyone would be rolling on the ground laughing too hard to get any work done!

Al
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 03-27-2015 14:47
I guess it's true what they say, that laughter is the best medicine, unless of course you have diarrhea.  I know I like to joke around from time to time, but in all seriousness, I think that we're very fortunate and we're very blessed to live in a world where we're able to laugh and truly enjoy life.  Imagine what our lives would be like if we lived in a world without laughter.  Imagine what it would be like if we lived in a world of constant sadness.  Imagine what it would be like if we lived in a world where we would be unable to make our own choices.  Imagine what it would be like if we lived in a world where we wouldn't be able to voice our opinion.  Unfortunately, that world does exist.  It’s called marriage.
Parent - - By CWI7611 (**) Date 04-05-2015 02:04
OK, here I go off the reservation now. SCOTTN, the next time you're asked are you a glass half full or half empty type of guy, tell them what I tell them, "I'm the type of guy that starts looking for a place to get a refill type of guy".
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 04-06-2015 12:48
Funny you should mention that.  I’m actually taking a new experimental drug to help me with that very issue.  I've recently signed up to be part of a glass half full/glass half empty study.  They gave a handful of what they called “optimism” tablets and they told me to take two a day with a half empty glass of water.  The other night one of the ladies in the study wanted to go out and have a drink with me.  Before she finished her first drink I could tell that she was an optimist because her glass was half empty and she actually thought that I was going to buy her another drink.  The date ended rather abruptly, but that’s ok.  We really didn’t connect anyway.  That’s kind of how my last relationship ended.  My girlfriend ended it with a text that said “I feel like we've lost the connection between us.  I always try and do my best to please you, but it just seems like you feel the glass is always half empty.” I replied, “Here's my cup of care \_/   ....oh look, it's completely empty.”  I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things.  My glass is always half empty, and it’s cracked, and I always cut my lip on it and chip my tooth.
Parent - By CWI7611 (**) Date 04-16-2015 01:22
Some times things start out bad and then just go down hill. Regardless of how little you care they still get worse. That's how we make the most money.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / cwi positive impact on a company