Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter
- - By SCOTTN (***) Date 04-03-2015 12:16
“It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining.  And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.  Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last."  Jesus was humble and obedient. He fulfilled God’s will by becoming human and suffering with us.  I pray that God blesses us with the desire to become more humble so that our own lives might also bear witness to Him, and that we use the small sufferings that we have in this world to give Him glory.  I pray that He guides our minds with His truth, which will strengthen our lives.  I pray that He helps us to be with Jesus as he demonstrates his total love for us.  He died so that we would no longer be separated from our Father.  I pray that He helps us to feel how close He is and to help us to live in union with Him.  His son, Jesus suffered and died for us.  We know that we can’t have real strength unless we rely on Him.  We can’t feel protected from our many weaknesses until we turn to Him for forgiveness and His unalterable love.  I pray that He helps us to share this strength, protection and love, with others.  I pray that He gives us the strength to see Jesus’ love with honesty and compassion and to feel His forgiveness and His mercy for us.  We want be able to bring our weaknesses and imperfections with us as we journey with Jesus, so aware of his love.  I pray that He is with us as we struggle to see how accepting the crosses in our lives will free us from the power of the one who wants to destroy our love and our trust in Him.  I pray that He helps us to be humble and accepting, like His son, Jesus, and that we turn to Him with the same trust.  He gathers us in the upper room with His son, to be fed by His love.  At that supper, Jesus told us to "love one another" and we know that is the heart of his gift, his sacrifice for us.  I pray that we might find the source of our own heart, the meaning for our own lives, in that last supper.  I pray that He guides us to the fullness of His love.  His son suffered so much and shed so much blood.  We were born with so many faults and our nature is so full of weakness, and yet His son Jesus died on the cross for us.  His grace has the power to cleanse us of our many sins and to make us more like His Son.  Let us thank Him for His goodness and let us thank Him for His love for us.  So, on this Good Friday, may His light guide your path, may His love grace your heart, and may His sacrifice strengthen your soul.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-03-2015 13:08
Amen Scott.

A special time for family and friends.  A great time to reach out to those less fortunate.  A time to remember how much was overlooked, pardoned, washed away on our part and an example of how far short we come when it comes to forgiving others as we have been forgiven. 

I appreciate this HOLY DAY more than any other religious or national holiday.  And, I appreciate all He did and continues doing for me.

Have a Great Weekend one and all.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 04-04-2015 02:28
Power Sunday!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-10-2015 04:19
I attended an easter service for the first time in over two years!!!   It was graced by the holy ghost and Drivin fiercely by said ghost.   It was a sincere blessing to my soul especially.  But most of my family was there and it was good.   We are trying out new churches and trying to find a home.....Lord knows I need one.  I hope all of you got touched by the holy ghost and inspired in your celebrations....I am probably the lest righteous person to say so but I wish all the good Lords guidance and direction upon you as a blessing unto your family.
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 04-10-2015 18:25
Just pray and ask God to lead you to the right church, and realize that He already has a church picked out for you.  Because we live in a world where we're accustomed to making lots of choices, it can be tempting to make our own decision about where to go instead of discovering God’s plan for our lives.  Just as He is blessing me, and after all these years, I can now see His plan unfolding for my life.  He will lead you to a church that places a high degree of emphasis on His word… a church where you can grow and thrive…. a church where the pastor has been anointed to speak His word…. a church where the congregation worships freely and the Holy Spirit's work is recognized and welcomed…. a church where the people are warm and loving and you’re made to feel welcome.  When you’re where God wants you to be, it will be "home", and it will seem like home.  He wants to bless you, and He wants to bless others through you, so once you’re at this church, get involved.  Be in church every time the doors are open and be supportive in any way you can.  And tithe.  The question recently came up about whether to tithe on the gross pay or whether to tithe on the net pay.  The answer is simple.  The government gets theirs from the gross.  God is better than the government, so He gets His from the gross as well.  The thing about support and tithing is this… the more you give to God’s service, the more He will return to you.  2 Corinthians 9: 11 “You will be enriched in every way for all your generosity, which through us will produce Thanksgiving to God.”  I don’t do these things because I expect something in return.  I do these things because I want to.  Just ask God to lead your path.  He has plans for you.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter