Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Revoking a welders certification
- - By Kix (****) Date 09-24-2015 14:20
Is there any documentation anywhere that anyone has ever come across that speaks to the ability of and inspector or supervisor being able to revoke a welders certification if his production welds are absolute hammered poo?:grin: I'm talking like within ASME, AWS, NAVSEA, etc etc.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 09-24-2015 14:50
AWS D1.1 allows a welders qualification to be revoked when there are reasons to question a welders ability.... the ability to consistently produce welds that are within the criteria of Table 6.1.
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 09-24-2015 17:29
Thank you very much Scott. I was also able to find in Navsea Tech Pub 248 paragraph 5.2.11.2 virtually the same thing except it says the Authorized representative which would be a ship yard, not necessarily a sub-contractor of the ship yard, can question the ability of an individuals welds and make them retest. I guess one could argue that a sub is representing the shipyard in a sense for a matter such as crappy welds. I can't seam to find anything in ASME.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Revoking a welders certification