Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WQR's error fix
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-27-2002 18:41
I was wondering the correct procedure to go back and fix an error I have on some WQR's that I have done in the past. Computers are great tools when in the right hands, but this dummie (ME) had an error on my original template that has been duplicated to several WQR's before I caught the error. The error is concerning the bend test and it's acceptability. I had copied a template that I was using for 1" plate B-U4a groove qualifications and then I was changing the info so I could qualify on 3/8" plate in the same positions and processes, etc. Where I made my mistake was in the bend tests, I did not change the info to read "root and face" bends, it still has the 2 "side bends" listed. What would you guys suggest I do to correct these documents correctly. I don't need some inspector calling my hand on these.
HELP PLEASE,
John Wright
Parent - - By DGXL (***) Date 11-27-2002 18:57
Your supposed to know that one already jw, it was on your CWI exam.

Cross out the error, make the change and initial/date above the revision. Don't feel bad about the mistake, it is very common and we all do it.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-27-2002 19:03
DGXL,
I should have caught that before it left my desk. It was something that I felt I should reprint the thing, because there were 17 of them to fix. I been coping them same mistakes every time I qualified someone on 3/8" plate. You ever have that panic button pushed?
John Wright
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 11-27-2002 23:38
John:
It is one of my company policies to make redundant mistakes! ;-)
Like I said, we've all made those WPS/PQR/WQTR oversights, especially if you used a record for the template.

My Bro will be in Friday, thanks for helping him out with the NDT training. He should have his own addy within the next week or so.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all users of the forum.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WQR's error fix