Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / polaris sucks
- - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 03-25-2009 23:11
I bought a brand new 09 ranger hd. Took it out for the first time and both front axles broke and the tie rod end is bent.  I'm not ridding it hard by no means either. Took it to polaris and they said they would fix one axle but not the other because the boot was tore in half. Next they said my extended warranty would cover axles broke no matter what so I figured that would be good. Now they tell me my extended warranty is not in effect because my factory warranty is still in effect. Now thats out of the way they tell me polaris says the axles broke due to impact so there not going to fix ****. The salesman tells me not to worry we are not out of options though they will fix everything on it for 1200 bucks. THANKS MAN. I can buy gorilla axles for 395 per side. So another words I spent 15000 dollars plus 500 dollars for extended warranty for a machine that will run for a total of 6 hours with 13 miles on it. Hope this changes everyones mind who even thinks about buying polaris. Especially There HEAVY DUTY models
Parent - By Maxpayne575 (*) Date 03-26-2009 01:23
So what were you doing when the axles broke? btw sounds like they may have been improperly heat treated.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-26-2009 04:59
A friend of Mine got a 700 Polaris in '03, had a lot of grief from it.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 03-26-2009 05:40
Ask Polaris who made the axles, what they are made out of & where they were made or you'll get a lawyer to find out and I bet they make a deal with you!  Had 3 Polaris 4 wheelers and never had any kind of problems like you had.  
Parent - By tigrooter (**) Date 03-26-2009 07:07 Edited 03-26-2009 07:11
I've got a 04 sportsman 700 never broke a axle till i put some 27'' outlaws on it. now fitted with 6'' lift and 29'' outlaws and gorillas. got a 07 ranger with factory axles and 27'' mud lites never had a problem with it. it's been beat it to hell and back on the farm still kicking. just got a razr 800 have not got alot of time on it but it got lift and tires on the way. even got the first polaris i bought 95 sportsman 400 2-stroke got 27'' outlaws 4' highlifter lift and axles and it's still running used it yesterday running some crawfish traps in our duck hole. so not a lot of complaints here. I've seen your big boy play toy in some pic's you have on here hope you were not trying the same holes as that beast. Have you ever been to the ride in alto texas want to say i've seen that truck there.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / polaris sucks