Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Revisions on WPS
- - By liftedpowerstro (*) Date 06-11-2009 17:21
How can i determine what Changes were made to a revision...for example GTAW P1 Rev. 3 (what does the rev 3 mean?)
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 06-11-2009 19:21
There should be a log giving what revisions were made and when they were made!
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 06-12-2009 10:20
You would need to have the previous version to compare it against.  I don't list what the revision is on my WPS, theres no room on the form.  Sometimes its as simple as the statement at the bottom changing the version of the code from D1.1 2006 to D1.1 2008, that would bump up a revision number.
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 06-12-2009 12:30
eekpod,
Not sure what you mean about no room on the form for revisions.
Every code I have ever used have a suggested WPS form and Revision is always got it's own little box.
Even if you have done your own form I fail to see how you couldn't just put WPS 123-1, WPS 123-2 etc.
Believe me it will help stop a lot of confusion in the future (either with the client reviewing your WPS's or someone who may take over your role at a later date) when they somehow end up with two WPS 123 with different variables.
Regards,
Shane
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 06-12-2009 15:51
No, thats not what I meant, sorry for the confusion.
I do change the revision number in the box, I just don't have room to explain what the revision change is.
Like on shop drawings, it has a revision history section and shows the latest revision number and a brief explanation of what the change is, thats what I meant by not putting the explanation on the WPS form.
As far as the actual revsion number, that does get changed.
Chris
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 06-12-2009 21:56
you should have A log attached or in a file that describes the rev.
I will attach an example!
Attachment: QARIM-17AP.doc (12k)
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 06-13-2009 04:16
Keep in mind that a rev history is not a code requirement, but it's not a bad practice.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 06-13-2009 05:41
hence the word "should" :)
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Revisions on WPS