Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / For All Contract Welders, Fabricators, etc...
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-09-2013 13:48
Most of you who know me, Now that I have been working on something Major for some time now. You also know that when I do something, I do it right and do it in a BIG way. Well, It is almost done. Our Company, Sentinel Energy Solutions, plans on becoming one of the, if not THE Industry Leader in our field. We supply Power Generation, Oilfield Fabrication and Onsite/Offsite Service. We have opened our initial Location in Van Texas. We currently have a 10,000 sq.ft Shop with a 50 acre Yard and we are developing a 200,000 sq ft shop with a 100 acre yard in the same Location. We are Targeting ANY and ALL Oilfield Fabrication Services In the US and World Wide Marketplace, whether it be in the Field or in the Shop. We have the Ability, Insurance and Capital to compete with ANYONE in the Field.We are also geared to take Contracts with any of the Super Majors. In doing all of this, we are going to develop a Nation Wide list (data base) of Service Providers (mainly Welders and Fabricators). Please look at the Attached Document and let me know your feed back. I look forward to hearing from you all. We will be a WorldWide Player in these areas. You can also see our Website at www.sentinelonsite.com
A program like this allows Contract Workers to participate in a Group Health Care Program at a HUGE Savings to the Worker, To My Knowledge, In 30 years, NO ONE has offered this. AND It is something we have all needed. There is ABSOLUTELY NO COST to be a Member of our Certified Network.
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 04-09-2013 17:25
I like it. I am glad you have someone to handle all of that paperwork you are about to have.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-09-2013 17:41
I have a ENTIRE Staff for the Paperwork
Parent - - By high_flex (**) Date 04-09-2013 19:58
Where do I sign up?
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-09-2013 20:40
Simply Follow the Instructions on the PDF Document.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-10-2013 01:58
To All:
I have had MANY Inquiries about "How to enroll in thsi Database"? By tommorrow evening, I will post a DETAILED process on what is involved. Rest Assured, It is of NO COST to a Contract Worker. It simply gives us (Sentinel Energy Solutions) a database of Skilled Labor to call on. At the same time, we are able to offer benefits of a LARGE Corporation. IE: Health Insurance on Group Rates, Equipment and Supply Discounts etc. We make absolutley nothing on this unless you are working on one of our Jobsites.
Parent - - By Dualie (***) Date 04-10-2013 02:42
What about general fab shops and structral steel.  Not much pipe around here for the little shops anymore.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-10-2013 19:02
We are looking for Individual, Independent Contractors. However, if you have a small shop that you use, we will welcome that. We are not looking for  Fab Companys or Large Shops as that is what we do.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-10-2013 03:41
Sounds like a pretty simple application, don't know if I'm worthy but I'll have the app in your email in the next day or two.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-10-2013 18:59 Edited 04-10-2013 19:08
To All:
I have had the Document somewhat revised. Please keep in mind that this was written by US fo US. Not Lawyers. However, We DO have lawyers guiding us and writting the Final Documents that will be distributed to interested parties. We are ready to move forward. This is a Simple Process. All that you need to do is follow steps 1 - 6 in an Email to me at djones@sentinelonsite.com  Once accepted, IF you are interested in the Discouted Group Healthcare, you will be sent a Enrollment Form and the Agents Name for our Group Plan. He will Quote you on your needs. IF you need equipment or supplies, we will use our Network to set you up to acheive maximum savings. IF you run across a Project or Job, that is to large for you to handle due to Insurance Requirements or Capital Funding, Send me an Email. We will Bid the Job (or help you do it) Let you either Run it or work on it, Provide the Insurance, Payroll, Equipment etc. We will then pay you a Percentage of the Profit for bringing the project. This is in addition to your Hourly Wages or Salary. We DO NOT MAKE ONE PENNY OFF OF THIS PROGRAM !! The ONLY way we benefit is if you actually work on one of our projects or bring a Project to us. Our Goal is to be the NUMBER ONE Service Provider to the Oil and Gas Sector, Nationwide and throughout the World ! All this program does for us is to build our Network / Database for Contract Personell. This list will be used to dispatch, Welders, Fitters, Inspectors etc to a Jobsite throughout the US. And Eventually, The World Market place. The revised Document is now attached to the Original Post. I have also attached it on this post. Please feel free to Email me with Any Questions or PM me on here.

FYI, We have Offices in Houston,Texas  Van, Texas and Yardley,PA.

The Healthcare savings will give you, Greater, Better Coverage with smaller deductibles at a rate of about 30% less the first year and 50% less the Second year. Depending on the Coverage you select.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 04-10-2013 22:10
Doesn't look like you have much of a need for structural CWI's.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-11-2013 00:22
Pretty darn sweet idea really.  How the heck you manage to cover the insurance with a blanket like that...wow. Every state has thier own legislation on liability insurance.   No pony up for material costs...I know a few oilfield rig welders that will love that idea...especially those that have got burned.  I wish you luck with this as I know you are gearing it apparently for covering the small guys butt.  A reward system for bringing in jobs is a smart move for sure.  How many times do guys get a job that will overwhelm their bank account/resources in short order.  This takes a chunk of the stress and I am sure some of the profit; however if you can blanket and eliminate some of those financial risks to the small guy, that is a win win for both!  It is a unique approach far different then typical huge recruiters.   Similar kinda thing smaller people do with oilfield/patch on a local basis but your going full on...I like it.  I can see the market for it easily, and for once the folks in charge probably have the skills to discern the skill set of their contractors in a real world way.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-11-2013 13:38
Yes, We do have a need for Structural CWI's.  You have to remember that ANY and ALL Rigs,Subs, Skids, Derricks etc... are Structural
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 04-12-2013 06:24
I'm tied up with a $3 Billion dollar tunnel job right now.  Probably going to be here for 12 - 15 months but when it ends we'll have to talk.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-12-2013 16:45
Contact me anytime !
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 04-16-2013 05:58
For whatever reason i cant send mail to your email you know the info and the specs sign me up.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-16-2013 16:15
Will do. Call me and I will get you hooked up. Do you still want this Test Tree for the Wellheads ?
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 04-16-2013 22:06
Yea just been busy
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 04-13-2013 02:44
What tunnel? I'm on a 3 billion dollar tunnel in Seattle.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 04-13-2013 03:12
I'm the lead CWI, at the tunnel liner plant, in Puyallup.  You hooked up with Mayes?
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 04-13-2013 03:18
I'm the structural steel/welding/bolting, 3rd party inspector at the south portal/launch pit.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 04-13-2013 03:25
Are you contracted to Seattle Tunnel Partners through Mayes?
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 04-13-2013 03:27
Yes, Mayes is doing shotcrete and steel inspections.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 04-13-2013 03:49 Edited 04-13-2013 04:20
I'm overseeing the Segment Reinforcement Cage welding.  Been down here about three months getting things straightened out.  There's going to be 14,450 segments cages made.  700 welds per cage and spec's call for 100% weld inspection.  Yes, that comes out to about 10 million welds, that have to be inspected.  Hmm, that might be some kind of record.  This is going to be done on a, first time ever, semi automated, assembly line.  When I figure out the pic posting I'll post a bunch.  There's going to be 250 to 300 VIP's here in a couple of weeks the tour this place.  Should be interesting.
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 04-13-2013 04:16
Who's doing your inspections? inhouse or 3rd party?
Picture posting is easy, just go to a post you already posted, and at the bottom is several options, edit, attach, delete, etc.
Attachment: IMGP0072-1.jpg (492k)
Attachment: IMGP0155-1.jpg (367k)
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 04-13-2013 04:23 Edited 04-13-2013 04:35
I'm doing the inspections.  I'm bringing on another inspector Monday to handle the night shift.  I'm contracted to FPS-EnCon through PSI.

Pics are too big.  I'll mess with it later, had a long day today.

Hmm, just tried smaller pics, still won't post.
Parent - - By ozniek (***) Date 04-11-2013 11:06
Hi Cactus

I have also just started a new endeavour that may very nicely help you out. I have started up an on-line welder qualification administration system. ([url=]www.welderpassport.com[/url]) Part of the idea is to allow "migrant" welders to move between jobs without having to constantly re-qualify. I do not know what your plans are for administering welder quals, but this may be helpful. Take a look and let me know if you want to team up.

[url=]www.welderpassport.com[/url]

Regards
Ozniek
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 04-11-2013 11:38
Is that you Nieke ?
Long time no hear ?
Great idea but if it will take off, not sure.
Post it on www.ukwelder.com and you will have the welders lining up - they have been talking about it for years but no one has the get up and go to do it.
Good luck,
Shane
Parent - - By ozniek (***) Date 04-11-2013 14:35
Hi Shane

Yes, its Niekie. Been spending a lot of time working on my "projects", so have not been here at the forum for a while. I will have a look at the site you mentioned.

Regards
Niekie
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-11-2013 15:04
[thread derail]
:cool: Hello Niekie
[/thread derail]
Parent - By 2006strat (***) Date 04-11-2013 17:39
About damn time cactus...i will be sending you my info asap....
Parent - - By hojopens3 (**) Date 04-17-2013 03:44
will send info when i crew change thrusday and get back to the USA
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-17-2013 18:33
Give me a call when you get in
Parent - By hojopens3 (**) Date 04-18-2013 02:01
Will do, chopper due in about 10 hrs, then 24 hr. flight
- - By rookiewelder (*) Date 04-13-2013 02:31
Cactus, how would a rookie get hooked up with a contractor in my area to better learn this trade?
Sounds like a great opportunity for many and what I would like to do when I grow up thanks
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-13-2013 02:42
Where is your area ?
- - By rookiewelder (*) Date 04-13-2013 13:14
Sorry should have included that south central il about 50 miles east of stlouis
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-16-2013 16:18
Not much in that area in the way of Oilfield. Are you willing to travel ?
Parent - By rookiewelder (*) Date 04-19-2013 01:32
Some would be ok  I have 2 kids that need dad around  but if the $ is good I'm open
- - By Short Hood (*) Date 04-18-2013 00:53
Hey Cactus. I tried to apply using the email address in your letter and it keeps getting returned. Do you have another address to send it to?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-18-2013 17:48 Edited 04-18-2013 20:30
Our Server was down for a while yesterday. Back up and running again..  djones@sentinelonsite.com
Parent - By Short Hood (*) Date 04-18-2013 23:41 Edited 04-18-2013 23:43
The email address in the attached letter is missing the letter "s" in the onsite part instead it reads onite, but now were good. Thanks.....
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / For All Contract Welders, Fabricators, etc...