Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / school
- - By grizzzly (**) Date 01-02-2014 01:44
i need one of these
Parent - By unclematt (***) Date 01-02-2014 05:21
Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Have a good one;
Matt
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 01-11-2014 22:35
So sad but so true, It is so sad that in the interest of being politically correct that all the values that were once taken for granted are ignored so a few people that left their country, because they had no rights or values can feel at home. What were we thinking. I'm sure it has been said before but if you do not like the way we live or our beliefs perhaps they should go back to were ever they came from and change their own laws. Just a thought and at this point not sorry if I offended someone.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 01-13-2014 19:26
And it's only getting worse.  Since the Pledge of Allegiance & The Lord’s Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore, and because the word "God" is not mentioned, here's a suggestion for a new school prayer:

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule

For this great nation under God

Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,

It violates the Bill of Rights.

And anytime my head I bow

Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,

That’s no offense; it’s a freedom scene.

The law is specific, the law is precise.

Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall

Might offend someone with no faith at all.

In silence alone we must meditate,

God’s name is prohibited by the state.

We’re allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,

And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks

They’ve outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.

To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,

And the ‘unwed daddy,’ our Senior King.

It’s ‘inappropriate’ to teach right from wrong,

We’re taught that such ‘judgments’ do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,

Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.

But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,

No word of God must reach this crowd.

It’s scary here I must confess,

When chaos reigns, the school’s a mess.

So, Lord, this silent plea I make:

Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen

Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father."
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-14-2014 07:05 Edited 01-14-2014 07:08
Thank you Scott N. for that prayer!

Awesome doesn't even begin to do it enough justice in describing how poignant and precise your prayer illustrates at least to me, the chaotic reality that unfortunately is these days... They may reign supreme now but fear not because we all know what will happen come the day of judgement!!!  Although I do not wish them any harm personally, the level of remorse, sorrow, regret and emptiness they will feel once they realize just how wrong they were once that day is upon us will be totally indescribable!!! The suffering that surely is to follow, and to be felt by them will only be the beginning of the end to the joy and happiness in life as they once knew it ...

Since I couldn't even begin to imagine how lonely they will be once they realize just how wrong they were, I only hope that our God could at the last minute show the willing of those lost souls mercy by offering them a sort of last chance to repent!!! And to join us in the Kingdom of Heaven instead of the depths of Hades or hell for I still believe that our God is a forgiving God like our lord Savior has described to us many times so long as we become true to the faith and do live our lives to His will instead of our own!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 01-14-2014 13:57
Henry,

Plain and simple..... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Lean not on your own understanding.  Submit to him in all ways and he will make your path straight".
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-14-2014 22:48
Even more simply put is this: " In order to trust as it is written, one must Admit, Accept and Continuously practice Humility to God by following his will exclusively on the path of righteousness." HVC.

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / school