Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / A New Diet
- - By unclematt (***) Date 05-01-2014 04:27
A RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO PUBLIX
               Yesterday I was at the Villages' (an area north of Orlando  full of retirees) Publix (our large food chain) in  Florida buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Owen, the Wonder Dog and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had an elephant?

So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again.
    I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the  hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete, (certified), so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I had stopped to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

Publix won't let me shop there anymore.

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the World to think of crazy things to say.

Forward this (especially) to all your retired friends...it will be their laugh for the day!
Parent - By E S Thompson Date 05-01-2014 05:10
Thanks for the laugh. Much needed after the day I had at the shop:lol::smile:
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-01-2014 11:13
Haha!! LMAO!! Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!! Wish I could have seen it live!! :lol::lol:
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 05-01-2014 11:16
Like! :lol:
Parent - - By WeldinFool (**) Date 05-01-2014 19:05
My grandpa caught me eating dog food when I was a little kid. He told me that if I kept it up I would grow a tail...oh yeah, I doubled my efforts. Never grew that tail, though.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 05-01-2014 20:42
The higher end dog foods have excellent nutritional value but I had to stop eating it a few years ago because every time I ate it, I kept trying to lick my balls.  If I’d known about this when I was single I would have never left the house.
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 05-02-2014 18:06
Scott you just never learn do you.

Just last week when we were taking a walk, remember you saw that dog licking himself and you said "I wish I could do that."

I told you, "That dog will bite youuuuuuuu!"
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 05-02-2014 18:13
They all bite at first, especially the chihuahuas, but eventually they get used to it.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-03-2014 17:47
Too funny!

Al
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-03-2014 18:27
:eek::smile::grin::yell::lol::yell::lol::cool:
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / A New Diet