Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Happy July 4th
- - By SCOTTN (***) Date 07-03-2014 12:03
The declaration of independence was the ultimate break-up letter.   Our freedom was proclaimed by this letter and it continues to be supported by the outstanding men and women who serve and who have served this country with honor, dedication, pride, and sacrifice.  So as you and your family enjoy the holiday, please remember those who have served and those who serve. 
As for my family, we’ll be celebrating the 4th at home.  My ten year old daughter asked me to buy her some sparklers but I had to say no because she’s just too young to play with fireworks.   I told her that she’ll have to light one of her cigarettes and twirl it around really fast, like all the other kids in the trailer park.  The wife and I will put down our fly swatters long enough to proudly wave our American flags, that were made in China, as we be celebrate our independence from an oppressive global regime that caused many wars and unfair taxes that crippled many hard working, ordinary people.  Wait a minute.  This just sounds way too familiar….
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-03-2014 15:26
Your shrink must have the best stories at parties.
Happy 4th !
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 07-03-2014 16:07
As a Brit, I find this hard, but as I am working in the US,.....Happy 4th July everyone!
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-03-2014 16:59
Happy Forth of July!

Al
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 07-03-2014 17:19
Lawrence,

Probably not.  I have had numerous problems with all of them, so they probably don’t want to think about me when they’re off the job.  I went to see one of them recently and I told him all about my obsessive compulsive disorder, severe depression, claustrophobia, insomnia, attention deficit disorder and agoraphobia.  He asked me if I’d also considered suicide.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's some pretty bad advice.  Another one keeps telling me that I should really stop talking to inanimate objects.  But he's a lamp.  What does he know.  One shrink actually had the nerve to tell me that I have anger issues and that I have trouble accepting help.  I had my foot on his neck at the time, but I think that’s what he was trying to say.  There’s really only been one that has helped me, and I go back to her every Tuesday and Thursday at 2.56 pm to thank her for curing my OCD last year.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-03-2014 17:27
Scott; your one of the great ones.

Al
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-03-2014 17:53
Scott

Let's post all our responses on Al's replies.

There is a certain symmetry in this thread that pleases me :)

Now I'm off to wash my hands.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 07-03-2014 19:05 Edited 07-03-2014 19:14
HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!!!
I am stuck over here working on my 4th foreign 4th.
Good news is... I have about about 2 weeks left.
Then it is somewhere over near here for a vacay, then stateside for another vacation cruise around the USA.
I'm buying this bike off my daughter and just might cruise through a town you are in.
My Grandson looks good on it, dontcha think???
Yeah, I know, it's a Suzuki.
But I also have a Harley, so I don't wanna hear it.
I just love wind in the hair and bugs in the teeth.
Attachment: BikerMiles.jpg (0B)
Attachment: beartooth4.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-04-2014 01:30
DITTO and Double to my friends who's only fireworks will be coming off the stinger...I know a few of ya pulling hours a long way from home.  Well heck you too John!:grin:
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 07-04-2014 10:27
Same here everybody have a safe and happy fourth of July.

M.G
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Happy July 4th