Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / if you will...
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-05-2014 06:34 Edited 07-05-2014 06:40
I have a dear friend that is in a bad way, one of the most standup I will trust you with my life people I have ever met, besides that he is a really good welder.  I will not say his name, some of you know him, but I do seriously ask you if you will to say a prayer for my friend.  He is an atheist..... and he was given a diagnosis that is terminal without a miracle.....   He has a family, and two young boys, his whole world revolves around them.  Please pray with me for him, his wife and his kids.  Please don't turn this is to a who is it thing.....I assure you it is not one of the regular posters here.  I just don't want to drag another mans life out in front of everyone....just pray please.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 07-05-2014 07:44
I'm not the most religious person here, I drink and swear as well as the next person! However, I will say a Prayer for your friend.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-05-2014 14:16
We can all offer our prayers though we have disagreements about religious things even as we do welding opinions. 

My prayers are with your friend and his family as well as with you to have the right words to say to them. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-05-2014 17:28
Thank you.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 07-07-2014 13:40
I’m very sorry to hear about your friend.  I assume that he has no belief in the power of prayer.  I don’t claim to be a Christian, but I believe in God and I absolutely know firsthand about the power of prayer.  My heart and my prayers go out to your friend and his family.  Regardless of your friend’s beliefs, where there’s breath, there’s hope.  May God bless him, his wife, and his sons, and may God bless you with guidance in showing you a way to talk to your friend.  I pray that your friend has a receptive heart, and that he has the courage to call on God during this extremely difficult time in his life.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-10-2014 04:42
I couldn't help to commend you Scotty for your insight and prayers which I found to be refreshing and very well written... Thanks for sharing that!

My own personal experience in dealing with such a diagnosis has been - well, this would end up becoming one of the longest posts in the history of the forum if I were to describe in detail so, I'm going to avoid that... However, I can tell you this... Miracles do happen because they have happened to me more than once in my life!!!

I know of many fellow cancer survivors that have made fools of the doctors who initially diagnosed them as being terminal even though more than one doctor came to the same conclusion in their diagnosis... Things can change for your friend as long as your friend doesn't give up on fighting the good fight!

Be supportive to your friend and recommend him to keep positive and hopeful because miracles do happen...

How do I know this? In my life I have experienced 8 miracles with three of them escaping the grips of absolute death with the help of the Almighty... That's how!

Please tell your friend to repeat this at least once on a daily basis: " NEVER GIVE UP - NEVER GIVE IN!" and I think he might find some comfort in reading the serenity prayer as well... Now I'm not saying that all of this will work but at the very least, these have helped me cope with the fear and stress that comes with such a diagnosis...

So I'll be P.U.S.H.ing ( Praying Until Something Happens ) for your friend on a daily basis Tommy. 

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-07-2014 13:56
Praying.
- - By qcrobert (***) Date 07-07-2014 14:46
On our prayer list.....
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-23-2014 03:18
Thank all you folks....this is a tad overwhelming to me considering.    BUt yet I have I faith:   For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.   Sorry guys but that is my salvation scripture as odd as it may be......that whole passage let me know I am redeemed.  My Brother has but to ask.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-23-2014 11:53
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me,
and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back..."

Jeremiah 29:11-13
- By Sourdough (****) Date 09-04-2014 13:09
Heh heh heh heh.....
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / if you will...