Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Hey Al! Check this .pdf out!
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-21-2014 07:25
That's right Al! I'm calling you:grin::lol::twisted::wink: out to check this presentation by NASCC:

THE STEEL CONFERENCE WELDING SYMBOLS AND PRESENTATION FOR DESIGNERS AND DETAILERS

I know you're going to enjoy reading this, and the same goes for anyone else in here that wonders how some Detailers and designers get away with improperly using welding symbols in their drawings and designs... Enjoy the presentation!

http://www.lbyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Welding-Symbols-and-Presentation-for-Designers-and-Detailers.pdf

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-21-2014 11:53
This looks good Henry!

After reviewing it a bit closer I'll prolly share it around a bit.

Good find, thank you.
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 08-21-2014 14:16
Excellent.  After a quick review, it's now a part of my digital library.  It’s great that we’re able to have access to so much literature on the internet, especially since I don’t care too much about going to a library.  Is it just me or do most libraries have an unnecessarily rude librarian working there? A couple months after I lost my job and I was no longer able to provide for my family, I went into a library and told the librarian that I was suicidal and I needed a book that would somehow lift me out of my depression and give me a reason to carry on in life.  She wouldn’t even look at me.  She just closed her eyes and handed me “Self-Esteem for Dummies.” That made me mad, so I asked her if she had any books on library etiquette.  “No”, she snapped, “And put some clothes on.”
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-21-2014 20:31
Good Stuff. I saw the article I think that went along with the presentation at http://www.lbyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Best-Intentions-by-Robert-Whyte.pdf

Gerald
Parent - By Plasma56 (**) Date 08-21-2014 21:05
Dear Henry,

Once again you have exceeded to amaze me with your gift of sharing knowledge. That was an excellent presentation.
Thank you for that generous kindness.

I might also mention in passing, years ago you posted a picture of an oxy fuel torch heating a tortilla in a frying pan. So you know, when ever I was asked why they were learning oxy-fuel welding, I was able to reminded them that at the very least when the could light a torch safely, you couild always end up with a hot meal.

Best regards friend.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-22-2014 03:32
Haven't had time to get all the way through it yet but a good find.

Thanks again Henry.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 08-22-2014 15:53
Excellent article, thanks again for sharing, Henry!

QCRobert
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Hey Al! Check this .pdf out!