Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / ignore please. test post only.
- - By TALower (*) Date 06-09-2016 18:20
This is a test.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-09-2016 22:39
Did we pass?
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 06-10-2016 01:55
Who is the Inspector?
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 06-10-2016 03:23
You'll need to buy an AWS publication for this.
Parent - By Trackergd (**) Date 06-13-2016 12:15
I don't do well with tests.  Was there a prep class?  Anyone have a cheat sheet? :eek:
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-10-2016 04:17
this is a test, this is only a test, if this would have been an actual emergency....we'd all be dead.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 06-10-2016 14:20
It's been a long time since I was tested. On my last test, I was asked to describe what an atom is. I still remember my answer... "Atoms are particles that are so small, people can't see them. But they make up everything on earth. People don't think life exists on Mars because there are no atoms there. A spaceship tried to go to Mars to prove that atoms existed, but it broke when it landed. Probably because it didn't have any atoms to land on."

My teacher liked it because she wrote "see me after class" on it.
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 06-10-2016 17:15
And atoms cannot be trusted; they make up everything!!
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-10-2016 18:50
Scott; you break me up!

:grin::grin::grin:

Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-13-2016 00:26 Edited 06-13-2016 21:32
My friend's name is Atom... Or is it Adam? Hmmm, semantics... As far as atoms are concerned... There are also sub-atomic particles such as neutrons, electrons, protons, fermions, leptons, muons, tau's, neutrinos, positrons, quarks, baryons, mesons, hadrons, gluons, bosons, and more... There are also another list of theoretical particles that have yet to be confirmed experimentally and I'm not going to list them all because it would take too much of my time to type them all up here.

Well there you have it, I can attest that we all have some rather diverse friends that make up all of us including "my brothers from another mother" aptly named: "Atoms":eek::lol::yell::lol::yell::grin::roll::smile::wink::cool:

Respectfully (Most of the time!),
Henry
Parent - - By Trackergd (**) Date 06-14-2016 14:52
Then there is Managerium.

Managerium has no protons or electrons but has a nucleus composed of one neutron, two
vice-neutrons, five assistant vice-neutrons, 25 pro vice-neutrons and 125 assistant pro vice-neutrons
all going round in circles.

Managerium has a half-life of three years at which time it does not decay but
institutes a series of reviews leading to reorganization.
Its molecules are held together by means of the exchange of tiny particles
known as morons.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-14-2016 22:27
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if that isn't an accurate picture of the process...

Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / ignore please. test post only.