Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / CADLOY-CGT
- - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 07-31-2007 15:04
Has anybody have any info.on this type of armor metarials cadloy-cgt I've have looked  all morning and haven't found anything. I would like to know if D1.1 has any info on this as for as the welding goes.

Please I need some help guys

Thanks
                                                           Milton
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 08-10-2007 20:57
Milton,

fortunately I am currently quite pretty busy and thus having only a few minutes time, but by having a brief look into the forum, I have seen your post.

I don't know if the following "response" comes already too late, but perhaps you can find some interesting information about welding of armoured steels by following these links:

http://www.bisalloy.com.au/files/techman/technical%20manual1.pdf

or

http://www.bisalloy.com.au/welding.asp

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Stephan
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 08-11-2007 20:47
Thanks Stephan you where the only one to reply. I think the company that work for is going to know bid this job, but thanks for your help. I will save the info. to my computer for the next time this comes up.
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 08-12-2007 09:24
I thank you Milton!

Best regards,
Stephan
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 08-14-2007 06:53
Milton,

please allow me to attach some addenda with regard to your topic.

Yesterday I had a discussion with a colleague who has experiences in steel materials comparing with what you have stated. From him I have received a printed version of a company's leaflet (Edelstahl Witten Krefeld), please see also:

http://dew.edelstahl-e.com/dew/produktbroschueren.jsp

There I have found the mentioned brochure also as an english language pdf, see also the attached ultrafort6355_english.pdf.

It deals with a steel for ballistic protection based on a Ni - Co - Mo alloy system and contains some particular information in regard to how this material has to be processed etc.

Due to they are recommending therein a welding filler material coming from FONTARGEN (A 770 M) in Germany and FONTARGEN again is a subsidiary of BOEHLER UDDEHOLM in Austria, I made a quick search and found some more interesting information regarding those materials (technical data, welding, mechanical processing,...).

Therefore please see also the attached Maraging_Steel.pdf.

Just as an additional information... :-)

Best regards,
Stephan
Attachment: ultrafort6355_english.pdf (196k)
Attachment: Maraging_Steel.pdf (164k)
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 08-14-2007 23:39
Thanks Stephen I will save this information for future use because you never know when I may need it on another job.
                            Milton
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / CADLOY-CGT