Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / remote
- - By jim parker (**) Date 10-28-2007 12:56
How do i hook up my remote? ive got an older machine (69 SA200) and not shure how to hook it up!
Parent - - By SandhillsLobo Date 11-02-2007 03:34
www.billswelderrepair.com    KSellon there might be able to help you out.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-08-2007 21:14
Hey Lobo- How's the job hunt? Is Gary still lovin the idler upgrade?
Parent - By SandhillsLobo Date 11-12-2007 01:23
We scored a decent gig for a construction outfit out of Montezuma, Kansas. $35 an hour, no per diem, but there are other perks. Good enough for now to get us back on our feet. Gary's idler upgrade has not missed a lick as yet, pretty cool deal. I appreciate all the help you and your dad gave us in getting it installed!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 11-08-2007 14:40
it should of come with a diagram or you can call the place you got it from if you got it from shirley's they are pretty good at helping and can do it most times over the phonei personally didnt hook mine up i had the machine wired for it when i had the machine built then i bought my remote i really dont care for the remote to much seems to burn colder when i use it
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-08-2007 21:07
If its a Cable remote and you have a fax, I actually have drawn out a schematic and can fax it to you. Do you have an auto idler on your machine (upgrade from the original vac idler)? If so which upgrade?

Are you installing the pigtail with a toggle (recommended)? If so did it come with the remote or are you making that up yourself?

55amp DC toggle recommended for remote. 

Answers these ?? and I will be able to help.
Parent - - By jim parker (**) Date 11-13-2007 12:30
Yes i do have the auto idler. Ive got an old remote box.I will need to get a toggle. Thanxs for the info and could you send that schematic?                             att: James Parker   Fax# 870-762-1351  Thank you!
Parent - By jim parker (**) Date 11-13-2007 16:13
I just got your fax! thanks for the schematic! Now how would you hook it up with the old vac style idler?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / remote