Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Don't leave the shop doors open when you go to lunch..
- - By devo (***) Date 09-05-2014 04:06
I had a visitor in the shop yesterday after I came back from lunch...I guess the aluminum was just the right temperature.
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 09-05-2014 05:58
What brand of serpent do we have here?
It doesn't look poisonous if you are in the US.
Do they "taste like chicken"?
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 09-05-2014 10:41
Nothing against snakes, but they creep me out...shiver.
Parent - - By lo-hi (**) Date 09-05-2014 12:20
My wife had a 5 tier  plant stand by the door on the sunny side of the house. A garter snake about that size used to curl up in the top Christmas catus and sun himself and you had to look to see him. Never had so much fun showing people those flowers.
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 09-05-2014 13:30
For me, it’s bad enough just to see a snake by itself, but that one has a hammer.  If I see a snake, I back off.  If one would ever start talking to me, I’d probably crap in my pants and run.  What I’ve often wondered, is if evolution is true, why did snakes lose their ability to talk?  I’m willing to bet good money, that when the talking snake in the Garden of Eden convinced Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, he simply explained to her that she’d also be getting a whole new wardrobe.  If any of you guys are having problems making your wife happy, and no matter what you do, it doesn't seem to work, just remember Adam and Eve, because that’s where it all started.  Think about it.  They lived in the Garden of Eden and even THAT wasn't good enough for her.  The best part for Adam was obviously not having to hear about all the men that she could have married.  I know I get so sick of hearing that one.  Over the years, one of the things that I've learned about women is to never trust a woman who listens to a snake, who has a pet snake, who knows somebody who has a pet snake, or any pets, or no pets.  I guess all things considered, snakes are ok.  Especially the ones who chew gum.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-05-2014 14:26
Looks like a rat snake, black snake, good for eating mice, harmless. We have them around my house from time to time and even find skins in the basement once in awhile. I welcome him, eat them darn mice!!
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 09-05-2014 15:47
That's wright Shawn wouldn't harm it but I would try to show it the way out.

M.G.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 09-05-2014 15:51
I've told the story before, but it still makes me laugh.

I was working in my basement office when I heard a muffled scream from up stairs. "That doesn't sound right." I thought.

I went up stairs to find my wife standing just outside the laundry room door with a terrified look pointing to the laundry room.

A couple of weeks before my wife bought my grandsons one of those articulated wooden snakes. They would leave them here and there just to scare the heck out of my wife. This time they succeeded! There was the snake all coiled up on the shelf with the detergent.

Upon closer examination, it wasn't the wooden snake, it was a real snake with its tongue darting in and out.

Why I don't know, but she handed me the grilling tongs. I instinctively grabbed the snake with the tongs. It immediately dropped from the tongs and slithered under a pile of cloths and behind the photocopier. I had to tear the room apart, throwing everything into the hallway to find the snake. I found it at the bottom of the clothing, trying to hide under the photocopier. I grabbed it and took it outside and threw it into the woods across the street from our house.

that wasn't good enough for my wife. She wanted that snake dead! Nothing short of death would satisfy her that it would come back.

My response was that snake wasn't about to return after surviving the ordeal it had just survived.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Don't leave the shop doors open when you go to lunch..