Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Red Wing Shoes Recalls
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-29-2014 05:35 Edited 03-29-2014 06:12
Red Wing Shoes Recalls Steel Toe Work Boots Due to Impact Hazard...
Amount: About 105,000 pairs in the United States and 9,000 in Canada

Description: This recall involves 45 styles of Red Wing Men’s steel toe work boots in sizes 11 to 18 and widths ranging from B to H depending on the size and style. The boots have 6, 8, 10 or 11 inch ankle height and were sold in brown, black and maroon-colored leather.  The following style numbers are included in the recall: 2206, 2211, 2223, 2226, 2230, 2238, 2249, 2254, 2270, 2404, 2405, 2406, 2408, 2412, 2414, 2426, 2491, 3505, 3507, 3508, 3526, 3528, 3568, 4208, 4210, 4273, 4406, 4414, 4425, 4433, 4435, 4436, 4437, 4438, 4445, 4481, 4483, 4484, 4494, 22406, 22408, 52406, 52408, 82406 and 82408. Date codes between 12/12 and 11/13 are included in the recall. The style number, date code and Red Wing Shoes are printed on a label inside the boot’s tongue. For the complete list, see the firm’s website.

Incidents/Injuries: None reported
Remedy: Consumers should stop wearing the recalled boots immediately and return them to a Red Wing store/dealer or
contact Red Wing Shoes for a free replacement pair of boots.

Sold at: Red Wing stores and other shoe stores from December 2012 through November 2013 for between $185 and $340.
Manufacturer: Red Wing Shoe Company Inc., of Red Wing, Minn... Manufactured in the United States of America.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Red-Wing-Shoes-Recalls-Steel-Toe-Work-Boots/#remedy

http://www.redwingshoes.com/safetynotice

http://www.redwingshoes.com/assets/content/redwingshoes/page/RedWing_RecallPoster_REV_010914.pdf

http://www.redwingshoes.com/assets/content/redwingshoes/page/RWToeCapRecall_FinalCPSCPressRelease.pdf

If you own a pair or two from the 42 different styles of shoes, you're eligible to have them replaced FREE! E-mail them @ voluntary.recall@redwingshoes.com or online at http://www.redwingshoes.com and click on Safety Notice for more information.

That's quite a few different styles! I wonder if Imelda Marcos had that many pairs in her collection of Women's shoes? Wait! She only had 3,000 pairs - Wow!!!:eek::roll::slim::fat:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 03-29-2014 15:31
Henry,

She defended that accusation by stating "I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty".  To paraphrase for the former first lady, "If the shoe fits, buy it".  I don’t know about you, but I have yet to meet a woman who isn’t obsessed with shoes.  Figuring out this obsession could very well unlock many of humanity's great mysteries.  Psychology textbooks will tell you that men seek variety, while women seek stability.  It’s therefore logical to assume that nature is trying to balance that out with shoes.  When arguing about the utility of a shoe purchase, it is helpful for men to keep a simple mathematical relationship in mind.  While only 38% own more than seven pairs of shoes, the average woman owns somewhere between a ton of shoes and a number of shoes so vast it has to wait for a scientific notation to be invented so that it can be expressed on paper.  The average American woman owns 19 pairs, but still, 19 pairs? And about 1 in 12 admits to owning over 100 pairs of shoes.  While men often don't get women's almost religious zeal for footwear, women often fail to grasp that men somehow inexplicably don’t even pay attention to their shoes at all.  Shoes are easy for men to miss because they're as far away from the eyes as possible. When an attractive woman enters a room, I typically go for the eye contact first and then work my way down, unless I just happen to be standing under a flight of stairs and I accidentally look upwards, repeatedly.  Otherwise, the path my eyes follow between a woman's eyes and her feet are loaded with bumps, curves, and several other detours.  If my eye scan makes it to the knees too fast, that's usually a bad thing.  This is what makes the female obsession with shoes so difficult to understand.  I have one pair of steel toe boots, one pair of dress shoes, and one pair of tennis shoes.  That's it.  An attractive woman could just as easily win me over by wearing clown shoes over her hideously bulging hobbit feet.  I don’t look at a woman's shoes, even when I accidentally drop change on the floor at the mall and I lie on my back to pick it up.  Though, on the other hand, most women have a seemingly clairvoyant ability to see and appreciate a person's footwear, usually within milliseconds of seeing the person. This ability is so powerful, it apparently is unaffected by crowds, poor lighting, extreme distance, nakedness or the person in question entering the room while engulfed in flames, etc.  For example, if a half naked android Brad Pitt walked into a food court firing an assault rifle, all women in the area would immediately notice, in the following order:

1.  That he's wearing socks with sandals.
2.  His pecs.
3.  That he's randomly firing an assault rifle that intermittently shoots red, green, and orange lasers, and they could possibly be in extreme danger.
4.  That the android Brad Pitt is essentially indistinguishable from the real one.
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 04-01-2014 16:57
Thank you Hank.  All 3 of mine were made before 2012, but I wonder what in the manufacturing process changed that makes these newer boots potentially fail, where mine won't?
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-04-2014 05:42
The manufacturing process is that they are being made in China and still cost as much. Glad I didn't buy that pair I saw a month ago, big turn off was the price tag and the "Made In China" label on the inside of the boot.

Interesting find though Henry, never saw a boot recall before!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 04-05-2014 02:19
I've actually seen one tag from recalled boots, made in the USA. I think red wings recall page also shows a recalled boot tag with a "made in the USA" tag on it.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-05-2014 21:36
Boots at red wing store in Indiana someplace 2 months ago tagged China, maybe older boots made in USA, not sure.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 04-06-2014 00:36
About a year ago I was in a bind and needed new boots, All I could find were Chinese made red wings. I do have to admit, unlike all my other red wings, these still look like they have not worn at all on the soles. I used to get about a year out of a pair of boots because one leg is slightly longer than the other (due to a broken hip and pelvic) and my boot sometimes drags the ground. I have yet to have that wear on the Chinese made boots. It could be a technology they copied from us, but I like them regardless.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-04-2014 11:57
Finally got around to checking...  My 2233's (Made in U.S.A.) are not on the recall...

No free shoes for Larry :)
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 04-05-2014 02:22
My 4216's were manufactured in 2011 and are not on the list, no free boots here either.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Red Wing Shoes Recalls