Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Toilets
- - By Superflux (****) Date 07-12-2014 19:18
Not sure how many fotos I've posted over the years, but here's another for ya.
Just when I thought I'd seen'er all, and this one came along tonight.
TOO damned funny.
The back story is we were shopping at this huge open air market here in Thailand.
Now if you've never been to an Asian market, there is no way to capture the experience in the written or spoken word. Between the beggars, tourists, locals, she-males, and otherwise colorful characters that inhabit planet Earth and congregrate here; combine this with the unique aroma of Asia.
After 2 hours of shopping for tshirts to take home and then 1-1/2 hours of sipping a 1/2 dozen Jack-n-cokes it was high time to answer natures calling.
Something I'll never get accustomed to is paying to whizz. Reluctantly I paid my 3 Thai Bhats (less than a penny?) to get this graphic pointer to my destination.
Attachment: Peesign.jpg (270k)
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 07-13-2014 14:07
Don't know the current value, but when I was in Thailand a baht was equal to five cents ($.05 US). Inflation hits everywhere.
My time there was quite a while ago.

Griff
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 07-13-2014 18:15
You no everyone should get the meaning of the picture even I would understand it.
M.G.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 07-14-2014 03:51
$1 USD = 32 Thai Bhat
Math was off. It was a dime to whizz
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 07-14-2014 12:46
Have you ever noticed how, with public toilets, whenever you need them, they’re always full, yet when you don’t need to use them… you really shouldn’t be in there at all?  Anyway, if it were me, and if I’m going to have to pay to "log" into a toilet, I may as well get my money’s worth.  Before I flush, I've always liked unfolding the paper to see if I can spot famous people in the pattern.  I can’t do that at home anymore because the wife started buying paper with patterns on it.  The other day I used the new tissue and I looked for famous people.  What I saw scared me at first, because it looked like I’d swallowed several butterflies.
- - By grizzzly (**) Date 08-18-2014 13:59
this is in the motel 6 in Los Alamos

Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-19-2014 03:52
I love it when they place the ice bucket in the bathroom.

No wonder the water taste like, well you know what it taste like.

Al
Parent - - By SCOTTN (***) Date 08-19-2014 14:45
Ice bucket? Is that what the bucket is for? I grew up in the mountains.  We had an outhouse, but at night we kept a bucket in the hallway outside each bedroom door.  If we needed to go to the bathroom, rather than bundle up in the middle of the night to go to the outhouse in the extreme cold, we used the bucket.  The next morning we took them to the creek, dumped them, cleaned them, and put them back in the hallway for that evening.  That's all I have to say, except, are you absolutely sure that bucket is for ice?
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-19-2014 23:59
It could be for transferring the water to the sink. I'm not saying that is the case, just thinking out loud.

Al
- By Paladin (***) Date 08-20-2014 02:05
I heard, so maybe it's true, that some woman brought in a pot to the Antiques Road Show that she used to cook beans in.
The expert told her that it was originally a chamber pot.

Floyd
- - By lo-hi (**) Date 08-21-2014 00:12 Edited 08-21-2014 00:17
Working on bio-energy plants in the north and using the blue house at -15 to -20 brings back memories. No heat in the building, maybe a few pot heaters, but no comfort zone and four to five layers of clothes. Then when the labor push came it just got nasty. You had to pay attention to your diet. When you were done pulling the seven twelves  you could have been a dietitian. Not that there was much of a choice, you just had to be careful.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 08-21-2014 20:47 Edited 08-21-2014 20:50
lo-hi,
Here you go, for those cold and flu season "library/smokeshack sessions, I am selling these for only $20 a pair to my fellow beloved forum participants...
Attachment: Seatwarmer.jpg (52k)
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 08-25-2014 05:27
are ya still around DFW?   I got about a week and I got to roll so holler ok.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-25-2014 20:05
You guys think that's bad, pop a squat on a traditional Japanese toilet. Did it once in Hiroshima as nature wasn't calling but stomping her feet yelling.
Attachment: Japanesetoilet (0B)
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-26-2014 05:13
Is that they way one has to go when they didn't have a "V8?":lol::yell::twisted::yell::lol::yell::lol::yell::lol::grin::smile::wink::cool:
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 08-26-2014 16:26
Or, on a Korean ferry.
Attachment: QueenMaryKrappy.JPG (0B)
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 09-12-2014 04:04
Terrible Things and Terrible Times
Attachment: TerribleThings.png (254k)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Toilets